“Best desi food in witney!!!”
Review of Raj

Raj
Ranked #37 of 109 Restaurants in Witney
Price range: US$21 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Lived in witney 2 years and can't believe have only just discovered this hidden gem! Having missed proper desi style Indian food I was so happy to finally find food that tasted as good as home cooked Indian food. We had chana masala, chicken staff curry, vegetable rice and garlic naan. Have been to shaan as we didn't know any other places and I find their food really sweet and nothing like traditional desi style food. Goodbye Shaan hello Raj!!! I would highly recommend this place and the dishes we ordered to anyone wanting proper Indian food.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

On a tip-off from a friend I popped in last night and gave this restaurant a try. Booked a table for two at seven not surprisingly the place was almost empty, which was great for us as we had other things to do that evening. The food we had was both fresh and vibrant and not in the least bit bland. I would recommend this highly to any other lover of Indian food.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We decided to go to The Raj for a change. We arrived just as it had opened, a nice looking restaurant and clean. We got seated and menus brought over and asked what drinks we would like and if we wanted popadoms. But then the waiter came and stood opposite us making us feel a little uncomfy, within mins he was over asking what we would like, and we said we needed more time. We ordered food a little later and wow the portions were a very good size and the food was lovely, would we go again yes we would. I just think all the waiters need to take a step back when you are eating, or seat the first customers at the back of the restaurant.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

I ate here recenly with friends. It was a midweek night and the place was amlost empty, which is great if you want your food quickly but not great for atmosphere The food itself was OK - nothing amazing and nothing bad, just an everage sort of curry really. The restaurant itself is nicely laid out, the staff are friendly and the menu has all the usual classics that you know and love.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Since I caught the waiters in Shaan tipping the poppadom chutneys back into storage jars behind the service area , we’ve moved to the Raj as our regular.

Great personalised food, my daughters was too hot (I ordered the wrong thing) so they adjusted it for her, generous to a fault. Highly recommend it.