“Great Place”
Review of The Townhouse

The Townhouse
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Arnold
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Love this place, came here to meet an old friend, great food and friendly staff, would highly recommend to anyone, such a shame I don’t live closer, but now I have another good reason to return

Alex W, General Manager at The Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you we are glad you had a nice catch up!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Slow service.drinks ordered again after they didn’t arrive after 20minutes. No front of house , no leadership, the few staff were busy but disorganised. Steak cooked medium but the burnt outside ruined the taste. Salmon on the salad overcooked. Overall disappointing & noticeable change from previous owner.

Hi Dawn - we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your lunch on Tuesday and I do appreciate you taking the time to feedback as its essential that I know of any issues so that I am able to remedy them. I have looked into this as GM and unfortunately both the kitchen and FOH were hugely understaffed due to illness which in turn meant we had a very junior team on that day - for which I apologise.

That aside, I am really sorry that you didn't get the service or standard of food that we try to pride ourselves on.... please contact me directly so that I can offer you a gift voucher as way of an apology and hopefully a chance to persuade you to give us another try! Thank you once again for your time - Alex Woolerton General manager 0115 9200025

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fab Easter Sunday Lunch with the famalam. Music and magic with Steve McGill keeping us all entertained for the afternoon. Great service and spot on food

Thanks so much Colette - we are really glad that you enjoyed it! Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sat down and was told there was no breakfast menu because the manager forgot to print it off as new menus would be out on the 1st April, today is the 27th March.... Yet no menu available. The waitress said she would write down what they sell, which she did on a scrap of paper. I decided to look online and opted for a big breakfast at almost 8 pounds, Because I was a starving new breast feeding mum and I needed the calories. My friend ordered the regular breakfast. The only difference in the two were an extra sausage, an extra hash brown a piece of toast and extra slice of bacon. So totally not worth it. It wasn't very nice, it was cold and I tried to get the waitresses attention but apparently its more important to constantly wipe the same area of the bar. The sausage was so hard I couldn't cut it, no bother the dog ate them when I got home, the hash browns were so over fried they poured fat, the beans were few, maybe a tablespoon (i would give a toddler more) the toast was so hard and stale that it just left a horrible crumble in my mouth.
The service was not great, like I said we had no check back, no one to complain to or ask for it to be rectified. Menus should be available until the day the new ones come out.
I thought we would give the townhouse a third go, but since the owner has changed hands a few months ago they just can't get it right, is it really that difficult to serve hot food that's edible? I knew we shouldn't have bothered with this place again, I guess I hoped that a place we have previously had excellent meals and service at regularly had pulled its finger out so I could book my sons christening party here, they've lost our custom for sure.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

We went for breakfast for mothers day. The food took an hour to arrive, and was cold and cooked poorly. We felt sorry for the waitress as she was lovely, but the place seems very poorly ran now. We were given a full refund but would rather have had decent food!

SSteeleGM, General Manager at The Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Hi!

We are really sorry to hear that you had a poor experience here and especially on Mothers day. We are aware that we have had some problems in the kitchen and, as part of a wider plan, we have a new head Chef Rob, starting on Monday. With him will be coming a brand new menu and new look and feel Townhouse. Please bear with us in whats been a really difficult transition time during a Management & ownership change and accept our sincere apologies that you had a less than satisfactory experience.

We hope that you will come back and see us again when hopefully we can restore your faith in the Townhouse and you will have a more positive experience.

Thank you also for your comments, as always its important to us to get all the feedback we can so that we can endeavor to put right anything that isn't working.