“A great Chinese on our doorstep,”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Riverside Chinese Takeaway
Ranked #51 of 93 Restaurants in Morpeth
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A great Chinese on our doorstep, our regular.
The salt and pepper crispy prawns is my favourite. Clean place too.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (22)

Reviewed 29 October 2020

I used to live in Lynemouth and enjoyed the food here very much, so much so I travel 45 miles to enjoy one as often as I can.
My local restaurants do not compare- good food, large portions and excellent service.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank AlnwickBigBird
Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

This is a great Chinese takeaway. Been using it for years and never had cause to complain. The continuous stream of local customers is a good indication of its popularity and sustained quality.

Good food, good portions and friendly service. Nothing more to say really.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 22 July 2019

We had a delivery of 10 meals for our extended family. While none of it was bad ,it wasn't exactly great either. I wouldn't have known my meal was a Sweet and Sour if it didn't say so on the wrapping - it tasted okay, but was not what was expected. The curries ordered were very yellow and very mild. Lots of free prawn crackers though!

For the 10 meals- including rice - the bill was only £76, which is pretty good value compared to my local back home. However, as the overall family rating was "distinctly average" I wouldn't have minded paying a little more for a more flavoursome meal.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 3 November 2018

We were staying in the village of Cresswell and Lynemouth was the nearest place for some Chinese food that we could find so we thought we would give this place a try.

We ordered 3 meals from this place. A Chicken Curry, Chicken in Blackbean and Beef Satay, with each dish costing c.£7.

I requested the Chicken Curry to be made spicy (just a personal preference) but maybe they forgot to add the chili as the curry was very mild.
The curry sauce was rather watery and the chicken most certainly did not taste fresh but tasted frozen.

The Chicken Blackbean had a salty taste and again, the chicken tasted frozen. On the positive side, there was a nice amount of veg (peppers and onions) and they were nice and crunchy.

The Beef Satay was marginally better, although there was a distinct lack of beef.

There are takeaways / restaurants in Ashington just s few miles further so I will try one of them next time.

Date of visit: November 2018