“Lovely lunch!”

The Red Lion Pub & Dining
Ranked #13 of 225 Restaurants in Kettering
Description: The Red Lion is at its heart a village pub with an excellent food offering. We have a traditional classic bar menu, an al a carte menu and a fantastic Sunday lunch all from our award winning, Michelin Star trained chef. We are located in the picturesque village of Cranford St John in Northamptonshire, and within easy travelling distance of Thrapston, Oundle, Kettering, Corby and Wellingborough. Situated in the heart of Northamptonshire, the Red Lion is ideally suited for walkers with the Hills and Dales Country Park close by and Nene Valley way within easy striking distance. Well behaved dogs are welcome in our Public Bar and you will find doggy stations by the front door to clean up after muddy walks. Pub opening times are below, please see website for restaurant times
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Another great visit after a walk at Twywell Hills and Dales. Love the goats cheese and beetroot sandwich, with a cheeky cider.

er r, Owner at The Red Lion Pub & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hi Charlotte

Thanks for taking time to review the Red Lion - lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I met for lunch here today and what a lovely surprise it was.
On arrival I was greeted by a very welcoming manager who offered me a drink and a table in the conservatory restaurant as I'd arrived half an hour early.
Neither my friend nor I had dined here before and we were very happy with our lunches.
The portions were generous, the food delicious and presentation was very attractive.
The food was served promptly by the same lovely lady who greeted me on arrival.
I'm not sure if she was the manageress or not however she seemed to be serving behind the bar and also in the restaurant. I liked the way the chef came out to serve our food at the table.
Cranford is very fortunate to have such a lovely pub in their village. I just wish I lived closer to visit more often. It was well worth the drive from Northampton and I'm sure I'll be back again soon with more friends for lunch and dinner.
Thank you to all for making my day special! ☺

2  Thank BarbaraEverest

Hi Barbara

Thanks for taking time to review the Red Lion - lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This used to be a nice country pub. It seems to be under new management or ownership and sadly today they just couldn’t be bothered to deal with a customer.

From the moment I walked in to the moment I left I felt unwelcome. The staff just made it crystal clear they had better things to do with their time. Now that wouldn’t have been the end of the world if the food was great, but it wasn’t. The packet of crisps was fine, so there’s that I suppose, and the beer was good, but with modern technology a landlord has to work very hard to serve a duff pint so I’m inclined to use food and service as a more accurate yardstick.

Next time I take a walk in Cranford I’ll visit the Old Forge tea room instead. There I know I’ll get a warm welcome.

Buck your ideas up Red Lion. There are pubs closing all over the country, and indifferent service and poor overpriced food are not going to help you survive and thrive.

er r, Owner at The Red Lion Pub & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

****SUSPECT REVIEW****

Dear Roving Reportage

Thank you for reviewing our pub, although I note that your review is very negative but also pretty vague and misleading.

We are not sure when you last came to visit the pub but we have been managing the pub for nearly 3 years now. If you have been into the pub during that time you probably would have recognised the decor, which would have changed with new ownership. Your review also mentions you didn't like the food but only mentions that you ate a bag of crisps. The "Beer was good" according to your review although you then reduce the importance of this aspect of a running a successful pub. The other establishment that you seem to be advertising is a great place for a coffee for sure but wouldn't serve you a pint.

We don't even know when you came to the pub, at what time of the day or which staff member dealt with you. Without anything more to go on we don't really understand how to improve. If you are interested in giving us more structured feedback then please email us manager@redlioncranford.co.uk

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Had a fab Monday evening at The Red Lion. Fab staff, including The chef who came out and chatted to us afterwards after my husband said to the waitress "I wonder if the Cheese board is as good as my one.' Lovely pub. I highly recommend it. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank LisaMChard

Thank you so much for the fab feedback - great to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Decided to visit here as it was central to all friends and we was not disappointed!! As it was a cold nite we all decided to have a good hearty pie which was absolutely crammed with meat and gravy very tasty indeed all came with choice of potatoes and veg with a lovely pile of parsnip crisps on top the gravy which I was told was home made was to die for !! The pub boasts a lovely modern interior mixed with the old and a lovely open fire in the bar area which was so lovely and cosy. A mixture of real ales and bottle beers and spirits including some very nice gins went down a storm. Staff very attentive and friendly and could not do enough for us. We couldn't manage pudding but we will definitely be returning!! It's nice to go to an independent pub/ restaurant instead of going for one of the chains the menu was varied and something for everyone well done The Red Lion and team

1  Thank posh64_12

Hiya

Thanks for taking time to review our pub. And we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Please drop in again