“Usually OK, not this time!”

The Trading Post Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 226 Restaurants in Kettering
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went to Trading Post for an evening meal and a drink. My partner is vegetarian and we saw they did vegetarian sausages on bubble and squeak in a yorkshire pudding. It sounded lovely and I had steak, scampi and chips. They were very busy and we waited quite a while between our Garlic Mushroom starters, which were delicious, and our mains. Mine was fine but my partners vegi sausages were almost black and the Yorkshire pudding was so overcooked it was brittle. He ate what was edible but complained to the waitress who offered to replace it or give us free puddings which we declined. She came back a few minutes later with a full refund for his dinner which was very good.

1  Thank heatheredxx
Georgia S, Guest Relations Manager at The Trading Post Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your vegetarian bubble and squeak - I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto the kitchen so that the same isn't repeated in the future.

I hope your recent experience doesn't deter you from returning and hope to see you back with us again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went here after a family day out. The place was rammed and there are a lot of tables so that generally says good things. The staff were very polite with Charlie being out server that day and standing out. With it being so busy there was a wait for food but it tasted great so more than happy to wait

Hi Will,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review. It's great when staff receive recognition for their hard work so I'll be sure to pass your kind words onto Charlie.

We hope to see you back again soon! :)

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Good food reasonably priced. Needs more staff on the bar as had to wait a while to be served. Service good and ample parking area..

Georgia S, Guest Relations Manager at The Trading Post Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Flogilbert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to see you enjoyed the food and service when visiting us.

I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto the team so we can work on our staffing levels for the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Great food great staff friendly nothing was to much trouble. Meal was an impressive size and very good can't wait to go again

Hi Carol,

It's great to hear you had a lovely time when you visited recently! Thank you so much for letting us know :)

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Many thanks

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely food, I came with my dad and little sister apart from the lovely food I noticed one of the workers could possibly be a manager her name was michelle ? She couldn't go out her away enough for the customers there today, she made everyone feel welcome and you could see she had built an excellent relationship with her customers ,I work in retail myself and never have I met someone so involved with their customers , she defiantly goes above and beyond , before we had even ordered she was there with colourings for my little sister it was busy and very well run , I have no doubt most of the customers there were there for michelle aswell as the yummy food I will be back

Georgia S, Guest Relations Manager at The Trading Post Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hi Leisha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review! Michelle was over the moon when I showed her your review and she's so grateful for your kind words :) It's great when the staff receive the recognition they deserve as they work so hard on a daily basis.

We would love to welcome you back so hope to see you soon!

Kinds regards