“Poor service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice food poor service…. We booked for Monday evening and the food was nice and quickly served. The down side was being asked if we wanted another drink when the main course was served and my husband saying yes. We finished our meal sans drink and gave up so asked for the bill. The little guy server then asked if we wanted the drink or not and I pointed out it had been about 20mins since he asked and the meal was finished, which he refuted! He asked a further 3 times to which point we said fine and the drink came quickly…. Unfortunately it was obviously not the drink he had ordered (wrong colour) and I felt for the lass delivering as I was rather sharp in pointing out we’d waited until after the meal to get the drink and she could just take it back as it wasn’t even right. Key our friendly little male server who again asked repeatedly if we wanted the drink or not….. erm no! Jog and off come to mind. He was rude and obviously wouldn’t know customer service if it came and slapped him in the face. I appreciate being busy but being friendly and customer oriented costs nothing.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (831)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly greeting. Quick efficient table service. Glass walled extension has given the venue a fresh, spacious and airy feel.
Food was very tasty and great value.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

They fit us in at short notice with a table in the atrium area. The service from start to finish was excellent. The surf and turf highly recommended. With little shrimps hidden in the beautiful sauce. The fillet of salmon, with king prawns, muscles and cream sauce also amazing. Highly recommended to anyone visiting Richmond

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

La piazza is probably my favourite place for food in Richmond. The chicken parmo is amazing, so tasty and my favourite thing of the menu, starters were very very tasty too, we had the fishcakes and the prawn cocktail, amazing. Very reasonably priced and atmosphere is brilliant. Love the music too. Highly highly recommend, we’ve never ever had a bad meal here and absolutely love the place and cannot wait to visit again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff were lovely and very attentive, the place was nicely decorated and everyone was well spaced out because of the Covid rules which was great.
The food wasn’t the best. I ordered bruschetta which looked tasty but was stone cold and I don’t mean room temperature cold I mean straight out of a fridge and very dry. I also had spicy beef tagliatelle, the pasta and the sauce was tasty but the beef was too tough!
It’s a shame but the food really wasn’t great.