“Awful- staff rude and lied to our faces”
Review of La Piazza 2

La Piazza 2
Ranked #18 of 134 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

Arrived looking for takeaway. Were told they were too busy to do that (in spite of what website says) but we could sit in instead. So we sat in. Husband had to nip home with the ice cream we had just bought so ordered a cocktail and my 3yo’s meal whilst I waited for him. Asked for penne bolognese instead of spaghetti and this was fine. Spaghetti arrived 5 mins later so had to send it back. Husband arrived and we ordered a bottle of wine and 2 courses. Starters arrived with no issues. We then waited around 45 minutes before we checked on the main course. By this point our child was almost asleep.
I chased the staff and was told that the chefs have placed the ticket to the back. We were offered our starters for free and assured our mains were now on their way. The meals arrived and at that point the male who told me we couldn’t have take away then came up and asked if everything was ok. We tell him no, our child is almost asleep and we have been in the restaurant for nearly 2 hours by this point. He argues with us that he was doing us a favour by fitting us in when he couldn’t do takeaway. We challenge him that he’s given a different explanation of the reasons why our food was so late and my husband resorts to speaking with him in Italian. He asks him to speak in English as he claims he doesn’t understand him! He asks for the bill (in English) and it comes back with all items full price in spite of being there at the time when the early bird discount should have applied and our meals qualified. Needless to say we won’t be back! The food was tasty though!

1  Thank Jukers
Write a reviewReviews (835)

Reviewed 6 August 2021

Booked a table for the 4 of us, it was my 12 year old daughters birthday treat I made sure the staff were aware of this. When we popped in to book I picked up that the lady behind the bar was a little grumpy but all the same booked a table.
The food was OK but the service appalling the staff were rude and arrogant, no interaction, eye contact when we arrived the same grumpy lady was having a row with another female member of staff ! I found the service almost aggressive in tone.
No acknowledgement of my child's birthday..

Reviewed 4 August 2021 via mobile

Came here during a visit to Richmond and enjoyed a lovely meal. We were sat outside in the covered area and were looked after by the attentive staff
I had the chicken cordon bleu which was amazing, so so tasty and my husband had the suft and turf..... equally as tasty and cooked to perfection.
Really reasonably priced and lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 July 2021

We would never recommend anyone to visit this place. We had a table booked outside as they claim to be dog freindly, however prior to our arrival it had been raining & despite this no attempt had been made to cover the table & chairs with the umbrellas that were there & they seemed more concerned with aruing with us about what was said or not said on the phone instead of apolgising or even offering to wipe the table & chairs down so we could give them our trade. Having spent so long without customers during lockdown we thought the very least they could do was try to keep custmers not drive them away!! We would have preferred to give them no stars at all for this review but in order to post this we had to put one, very reluctantly. Avoid this place like covid if you are dog owners. It has taken all my self control to stop my self going back & punching the guy on the door for his rudeness, i hope they go bust!!!!!!

Date of visit: July 2021
2  Thank Mikbox
Reviewed 24 July 2021

I will not be returning to this place! We booked for a special birthday meal and were so disappointed. Starter took an eternity to arrive and my stuffed mushrooms were burned and had that acrid taste. In between finishing our starter and receiving our main which was about an hour we noticed at least two tables receive both their starters and main meals and pay and left. Only when we asked where our mans were did they arrive. Then when finished we asked for bill and after waiting 15 minutes we had enough so went to the bar to pay. This situation was still recoverable at this time but the elder chap, owner?, was so arrogant and did not give a damn, only making excuses such as we are very busy and oh you must have been forgotten. Not even an apology! To top it all I said I dont want to hear excuses because I am the customer, to which he just laughed and said you are all customers.

Date of visit: July 2021