Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,530 results
All reviews building work the pub beach house on site bed cottage leisure centre swimming pool sunrise drive the john paul jones steam room holiday village sykes cottages early check washing machine small shop nice walk self catering
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2021

In general, the bay resort is clean and tidy and a great location for the beach, the on site pub is a good size, however they should have a separate area for people who DO NOT have a yapping dog !!! There is a well stocked shop and a bistro that does nice sandwiches ,cakes, coffees, etc. but closes to early (3pm) in my opinion. The swimming pool is OK but the changing facilities need a facelift. We got our keys at 5 o`clock and went to settle into our beach house property. On first impressions it look great, bright and spacious, open plan kitchen and living room, but on closer inspection there was a number of things that were a very poor standard.
The patio furniture was old, wobbly and in desperate need of a lick of paint. The sofa was ripped in several places, the shower heads full of lime scale and the shower hoses filthy. We decided to clean the shower heads and hoses ourselves because we had already lost most of our first days holiday waiting for the beach house to be deep cleaned because of COVID - 19 !!!!!!!!!!! To some people these things may be trivial but considering we paid £682.92 for 4 nights (£170.73 per night) we expected a better standard, I think this property is still owned and rented out by Aria, its a pity they do not check on the standard of the accommodations exterior/interior and cleanliness before they hire them out at the same price as a top 5 star hotels prices.

Date of stay: September 2021
Linda Drummond, Guest Services / Front Office at The Bay Filey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2021

Dear 414pault

Thank You for taking te time to write a review its much appreciated and for mentioning the positives.

Unfortunately due to the different grades of accommodation we don't have an area that is solely for pets or guests without pets.
Please accept my apologies for the cleaning not being up to a high standard, we shall pass on any comments about needing decorated to the property to the Owner.

Despite these issues we do hope to see you return to The Bay in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2021 via mobile

I have given Aria resorts and the Bay Filey ample opportunity to address these issues before ‘going public’ but it seems that once they have your money they no longer care. We had the unfortunate experience of staying at 17 The Parade (21-28th August in case anyone from Aria cares enough to read these reviews). This was our experience -

- Picked up keys at 5pm due to ‘extra’ cleaning because of the pandemic. On entrance to the property it was clear that no cleaning had taken place. My dog quickly hoovered up all of the dog treats left by previous residents and due to the late hour we cleaned the rest.

- Day 2 - We visited reception to report along with the filth
Broken beds
Two sets of broken draws
Shower in main bathroom not working
Leak under the kitchen sink
Ripped sheets
No WiFi despite codes being displayed around the house
We were assured that someone would be in touch to discuss - we heard nothing

- Day 3 - visited reception again. Told that even though we booked through Aria, the actual owner of the house had sold it on and not told them so Wi-fi had been disconnected and they couldn’t comment on the condition of the property. Spoke to deputy manager on duty who said they would move us if they could and that the general manager would be in touch. We heard nothing. At this point we were sick of wasting our holiday at reception and gave up.

- Day 6 - one of the children misplaced their games controller so we moved the sofa to look for it. In amongst the complete filth left by previous residents (a whole carrier bag full of crisp wrappers and other large items) we found a canister of nitrous oxide aka laughing gas. At this point reception so couldn’t report.

- Day 7 - we checked out as early as possible and took the canister of nitrous oxide to reception. I asked for the general managers email address to cc him on my email to Aria resorts and was asked to please give them a chance to address the issues before going to head office. I stupidly agreed and unsurprisingly have heard nothing from them.

What is most concerning is that I have also contacted Aria resorts directly and they have also not returned my email.

This was not a cheap family holiday, we paid a premium to stay at the Bay Filey and were appalled.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MPowers123
Linda Drummond, Guest Services / Front Office at The Bay Filey, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2021

Dear MPowers123

Please accept my apologies for the errors that occurred during your visit, this is far from the standard we set ourselves. We will work on all the issues you raise to ensure this does not happen again.

All cleaning should have been completed to a high standard so I apologise that this was not the case, your comments will be passed onto the Accommodation Manager to ensure that this does not happen to any future guests.

Reviewed 14 September 2021

We booked a cottage with a sea view which was expensive. But it was worth every penny. Fabulous views over the bay. The cottage had 3 double en suite rooms ,two had balconys which were lovely to sit on. The cottage was spotless, bedding, towels etc. A well stocked kitchen with everything you need , plenty of cutlery, plates, pans etc. Only needed the heating on one night for a couple of hours and thankfully just an easy dial, nothing difficult about it .The beach is a two minute walk , about an hours walk into Filey. You can get the bus if you prefer at the end of the road.

Dear DawnRoper

Thank you SO much for such a positive review.
It was a perfect holiday for you - The Bay and the surrounding area is such a beautiful part of the Yorkshire Coast! And we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

This was a real mixed bag to review.
First impressions of the Bay. Is its all really nice, clean, smart looking. We had a beach style cabin. Lots of room inside. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. Living area was nice. Leather electric recliner sofa and chair neither of which worked. I had a quick go at plugging them in but couldn't get them to work. I probably could of sorted it or rang reception but not that bothered and it should of worked when we arrived.
All the equipment in the kitchen was good, clean. We had to get maintenance to look at the washing machine as it had dirty throws and water in it and it smelled. They quickly sorted it and the guy was great who did it. My only main issue with the accommodation was the mattress on the double bed just was not fit for use and really shocked it was there. Just touching it and it sinks to the bottom. If you lay on it all you hear is springs popping, it was not even fit for the dump so me and my partner pushed the two single beds together.
Could not get the WiFi to work. Used the password, it connected but never gave Internet access. Used mobile Internet all weekend, again could of rang reception but only here for a weekend and don't want to spend all my time on things that should be OK when I arrive.
Access to the beach is great and the beach is amazing. All the site facilities are really good. Staff are very nice and friendly. If it wasn't for the mattress this would of been a easy 4 or 5 out of 5. Unfortunately for the price charged I think I'll struggle to return.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Alan S

Thank you very much for leaving feedback about your experience at The Bay Filey……….
I Sincerely apologise for the issues that you experienced while you were on holiday at the bay, also with the Mattress being somewhat uncomfortable, I will pass your feedback onto the owner of this property.

Wi-Fi is not something that we advertise in the properties but some of them do have Wi-Fi, we cant guarantee this service.

We are so lucky to have such a beautiful beach right on our doorstep and I am pleased to hear that you made the most of it while you were here.
Thank You for your kind words about the team and how friendly they were during your stay! I shall pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed 12 September 2021

Here is the response to The Bay at Filey regarding our stay. (They have not responded within 7 days).

------------------- Start of Message -----------------------

1 - Check in was very good.

2 - We were very disappointed with the location of 4 Hudson Road. The most furthest away from the amenities. My Dad had to drive down because it was too far to walk.

3 - Garden was a disgrace. I have photos to prove this. The garden was NOTHING like the website promoted. Broken furniture. Children toys. Grass uncut.

4 - It wasn't a classic cottage. It was a house. We felt duped by the description and feel that we were misled.

5 - The table in the dining room was not clean on arrival and quite disgusting.

6 - Handle on en-suite bedroom door was hanging off.

7 - Main bathroom bath panel was cracked.

8 - We know it was dog friendly but it could have been cleaner.

9 - The kitchen window did not lock and could easily be opened from the outside.

10 - After walking through the lovely grounds, we could not fault the surroundings. We felt you had placed us in the worst property on the entire site.

11 - Again, the garden was a disgrace. I had to repeat this because of my disgust.

12 - Bay side staff and pub staff were very friendly.

13 - Need more eating places on the site.

14 - Downstairs bed was too low. My father could not get up and out by himself because it was so low.

15 - Living floor was not clean under the settee. We found a hairgrip just in time before our dog pick it up in her mouth!

16 - My Dad is disabled and we could find a parking place next to the property. When we asked within reception, they told us that there was no parking with the cottage.

17 - 5pm late check in - never heard of this before - rubbish!

18 - Cheap wooden floor. Dog was sliding all over the place for the stay.

I hope for a positive reply, as I don't want to post this on trip advisor before you have a chance to respond.

------------------ End of Message --------------

Room tip: Paid top dollar, got worst property on the estate!
Date of stay: August 2021

Dear ConroysDerby

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor regards to your recent visit at The Bay.
We were disappointed to learn that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. We never mean for any of our guests to leave unhappy.