“WELL WORTH IT”
Review of The Game Cock Inn

The Game Cock Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Austwick
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene
Description: Welcome to The Game Cock Inn a Traditional Yorkshire Dales pub, restaurant and B&B with a cosy bar, real fire, award winning restaurant, delicious food with a French twist and comfortable, quality accommodation.
Reviewed 13 December 2016

We have been here a number of times meeting family for lunch and have never been disappointed. The menu is varied and the food and service excellent.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank BelisariusUK
Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Food, accommodation and staff all lovely! We stayed the weekend and were looked after really well. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

We visited here on a Sunday afternoon and it seemed quite quiet but there were a few people in. It has an interesting design with a bigger dining room but also a few snugs you can eat in. I had the French onion soup to start which was well presented and tasted fine. For mains I had the game pie and my girlfriend had the beef bourguignon. Both tasted very good. We also had vegetables but on reflection with the large portions we could have managed without. For desert I had the three layer chocolate mouse which was delicious and incredibly rich. My girlfriend had the Tarte du millionaire which she also enjoyed. Both deserts were well presented and we agreed the highlight of the meal.
We both enjoyed our meal and The only slight issue was my girlfriend was a bit chilly but I expect it's hard to heat an old building throughout.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Haddock and chorizo crumble inedible. Cucumber in salad rotten. Service poor. Only cold water in the ladies. Very disappointing.

1  Thank bigamble
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Had a really good meal at the game cock for my mother's birthday. French onion soup was superb! The waiter was very friendly and took time to laugh and joke with my 4 year old son which was very appreciated! Will definitely be returning.