“Breakfast ”

Ranked #25 of 182 Restaurants in Scunthorpe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I chose the Large breakfast. Exactly as i expected for £5. Food tasted good and was delivered quickly. I would choose this place again.

PMBlueBell, Manager at Blue Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I'm very happy you found our breakfasts to be great value.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here 3 times this year, always beautiful meals , nice and warm , plenty of seating and a good choice of different beers, I ordered mixed grill and my wife the 10”gammon and egg, both came with a free pint of beer/lager or Guinness (my choice), both were excellent meals, I especially liked the beef in the mixed grill,, and you can have jacket potato instead of chip which was georgeous and made a refreshing change to chips, well done , I always leave good reviews when places deserve them 10/10

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the fantastic review! I'm glad you found the food good enough to come back and hope to see you more in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch and had the quinoa salad. Delicious and filling. Perfect for s lunch time. Great that Wetherspoons have vegan options and fabulous they’ve stopped providing plastic straws!

Hello jjpink,

Thanks for the review, its always nice to get such positive feedback. I'm really pleased you found the pub welcoming and a good place to meet and we appreciate the good feedback on our decision to change our straws.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We have not been here before, usually go to a more local Weatherspoons if we fancy a breakfast. The furnishings look very tired and could do with a refurbishment, seating had signs of wear on fabrics, that however is my only negative. It was a Saturday morning so was quite busy, staff were clearing tables and actually doing it properly, very thorough with the cleaning. Looking around all the carpets were clean with no food or rubbish on the floor (unlike our local one) I went to the bar to order, staff really friendly, I explained if you googled Weatherspoons Scunthorpe, it actually came up with the Blue Bell and one on the other side of the road, actually there is only one and it’s the Blue Bell. The coffee out the new machines is really nice and refillable, breakfast took about 5-10 mind to arrive. Shocked or what, the plate was hot, breakfast cooked to perfection with eggs done sunny side up. Everything was piping hot the waitress was friendly. So despite the surroundings being a little shabby, what more can you ask for everything absolutely perfect. You put other local Weatherspoons to shame. Well done and we will be back

Hi Nellie,

Thanks for the fantastic review! We appreciate the positive comments on our food and service. We do try and keep on top of the maintenance in the pub but I will have a look at the furnishings that are looking tired. I'll also take a look at that confusing Google listing and see if we can remove to 'fake' JD Wetherspoon!

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Wetherspoons have generally improved over the last few years and this one is no exception. Nice red hot soul started and decent fish and chips for the main.

I've marked it down 1 star as I had to ask for a spoon for my soup and the accompanying bread was stale.

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for the review, I'm glad you found us to be one of the improving Wetherspoons. I will be sure to bring up the matter of the spoon with all the staff to ensure you wont have to ask again.