“Very nice food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We have been coming to Grimsby Brewers Fayre for 30yrs at least, always had good service, nice staff, and good food.
I would like to thank Shannon the Manager for always reserving us a table, and if not the one I ask for, reserving me another table, she is very nice and efficient.
Also Drew & Shane the Chefs, and waitress Donna.
Also Darren for always been so kind and polite, and Also Alan & Debbie, nothing ever too much trouble.
But unfortunately last week a Manager called Michael Burns did not reserve any table on the Friday, I rang to book the table on the Tuesday, and then checked on the Friday we had a table.
When we got there, my grand Daughter and my-self who have been going every week and spending nearly £30.00. each week, we had no table reserved, and the table number I asked for some one was using this table when I rang Friday lunch time about 12.45 to check if we had the table for 2pm.
When we got to Brewers Fayre at 1.45, the people who had been eating were sat talking, the table had been cleared, Michael Burns did not offer us any other table, and said to me he could chuck the people off the table, I did not expect him to do that, we waited until 2.20 and the people were still sat talking, so I asked Michael Burns how much longer we would have to wait, he said you have not got a table booked, I explained I booked it on the Tuesday, and checked that day the Friday to make sure we had one booked, he said do not raise your voice to me, which I had not done, then he said go elsewhere then.
A couple sat near bye heard him, and thought it was insulting behaviour, so did I, I am 75 yrs od age, and do not expect to be spoken to like that.
My Granddaughter who is 18 said let us go.
We drove to the Cleethorpes Brewers Fayre, they could not be kind enough, I explained the situation to Darren the Manager, he took notes on the situation, we got a lovely table, and had a lovely meal, and everyone was so caring.
I will not go ever again to Grimsby Brewers Fayre after this horrible experience, I have never ever been spoken to like that ever, I have gone on holiday's abroad, and to London, and No one has ever spoken to me in that manner, and been so insulting.
All the other Staff at Grimsby and Alan & Debbie are all so caring, it is a shame you get some one so insulting.

2  Thank Christinemellows

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Outside and inside play area or kids which was really good.
My husband and I ordered off the 2 meals for £8.99 menu, fantastic value! He had paprika chicken which came with chips and salad and I had a beef, cheese and mushroom
Burger, it was delicious! One of the nicest burgers I’ve had for a while! Would definitely return if I’m
In the area.

1  Thank ILoveHolidays03
DebbieB4125, General Manager at Brewers Fayre Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your last visit to the Haven Brewers Fayre in Grimsby. It’s always great for us to hear that our guests have enjoyed their visit. We always aim to serve up great memories for all our guests and I’m glad you feel we did so on this occasion.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Play area and lunch visit . Food was served in the play area so great with young children. Food all came together and was hot so happy with that . It’s a family pub with a good variety of food to keep everyone happy so we’ll eorth a visit especially during the week in day time as very cheap food and much better than the fast food alternative at same price so happy days

2  Thank apporter68

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to thank ANDY, who works at brewers for his kindness when it comes to customer service, nothing we asked for was an issue, I ordered the wrong main and he was happy to help, we felt very welcome and will be coming back again

Many thanks

3  Thank Faye M

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Juat want to praise this place for it's amazing customer service, Donna M was absolutely amazing she's was polite, friendly & went above and beyond offering to bring drinks to the table and talking to us about up coming events going on at the restaurant; e.g. the family fun day.
Food was good and reasonably priced. Will be returning.
It's people like Donna who give these places a good reputation and she should be recognised for her great work!

3  Thank Danii C
Debbie B, General Manager at Brewers Fayre Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

I will pass on your kind words to Donna and we are glad she has served you up a great memory.