“Meal”

Abbys Bistro
Ranked #8 of 216 Restaurants in Grimsby
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: abbys always does great taste, both in our decor and on our menus. Our restaurant and function room brings together the finest ingredients – seafood landed little more than a mile away at Grimsby’s fishdocks; meat, cheese and vegetables sourced from caring local producers – add our own blend of magic, and serve it in fashionably elegant surroundings. That makes the perfect recipe for whatever you need, from a simple lunch ‘on the go’ to a business conference or a stylish and intimate dinner for two. And having two elegant and contemporary venues together under one roof makes abbys the perfect place for every kind of social or business function.
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Went for a family 10 of us.
The meals were best we have had. We were all impressed. somewhere we will deftly will go again when we go visit our family.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Ambiance is just one of its qualities. Service is spot on, attentive without being overbearing. The food is freshly cooked and delicious. Would recommend this restaurant for lunch and evening meals.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant before and have never had a bad meal , i went with friends and I chose the moussaka which was absolutely delicious, my friends had seafood pasta and the salmon and they really enjoyed their meal also .
The staff were friendly and with a smile
We are now looking forward to going again

1  Thank Jan B
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I have used Abbys for breakfast with friends and family for a long time now, unfortunately my last couple of of visits have not been what we have come to expect.
We usually love the breakfasts at Abbys but the last twice we have been the food has been overly greasy, on our last visit neither my friends or myself could finish the meal. Today I actually had to mop oil from my daughters fried egg with a napkin, it had pooled on top of the egg. I had the eggs benedict (one of my absolute favourite meals) for £7.50 I did expect something a little better (£4.50 at Wetherspoons which isn't awful, under £5.00 at the Wheatsheaf/Rose and Crown for a tasty version - all including coffee. The most I have spent on this dish was £8.00 which I didn't begrudge as it was perfection, unfortunately not in Grimsby). Unfortunately the muffin had gone hard, like it had been toasted twice?
My mum did mention this to the waitress who gave a swift, embarrassed apology but moved quickly on to payment.
I can understand one bad meal but I'm wondering if something has change in what has previously been an excellent experience?

2  Thank Carla L
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Recently went for tea here and took advantage of 2 4 1 tea time offer. Abbys never disappoints. Vegetarian lasagne here is the best I've ever had plenty of filling complemented by a lovely side salad. My husband just loves the Thai fish cakes. Great place to eat as a couple or with friends.