“Has something changed? ”
Review of Abbys Bistro

Abbys Bistro
Ranked #8 of 216 Restaurants in Grimsby
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: abbys always does great taste, both in our decor and on our menus. Our restaurant and function room brings together the finest ingredients – seafood landed little more than a mile away at Grimsby’s fishdocks; meat, cheese and vegetables sourced from caring local producers – add our own blend of magic, and serve it in fashionably elegant surroundings. That makes the perfect recipe for whatever you need, from a simple lunch ‘on the go’ to a business conference or a stylish and intimate dinner for two. And having two elegant and contemporary venues together under one roof makes abbys the perfect place for every kind of social or business function.
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I have used Abbys for breakfast with friends and family for a long time now, unfortunately my last couple of of visits have not been what we have come to expect.
We usually love the breakfasts at Abbys but the last twice we have been the food has been overly greasy, on our last visit neither my friends or myself could finish the meal. Today I actually had to mop oil from my daughters fried egg with a napkin, it had pooled on top of the egg. I had the eggs benedict (one of my absolute favourite meals) for £7.50 I did expect something a little better (£4.50 at Wetherspoons which isn't awful, under £5.00 at the Wheatsheaf/Rose and Crown for a tasty version - all including coffee. The most I have spent on this dish was £8.00 which I didn't begrudge as it was perfection, unfortunately not in Grimsby). Unfortunately the muffin had gone hard, like it had been toasted twice?
My mum did mention this to the waitress who gave a swift, embarrassed apology but moved quickly on to payment.
I can understand one bad meal but I'm wondering if something has change in what has previously been an excellent experience?

2  Thank Carla L

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Recently went for tea here and took advantage of 2 4 1 tea time offer. Abbys never disappoints. Vegetarian lasagne here is the best I've ever had plenty of filling complemented by a lovely side salad. My husband just loves the Thai fish cakes. Great place to eat as a couple or with friends.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

It was ok nothing great considering it was a wedding supposed to be tapas but it was food in serving trays they also did not do enough very poor

Liz P, Owner at Abbys Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hi John, I very surprised to read your comment, we take all comments seriously and would like to discuss yours more fully, could you contact us directly on 01472 362944 or send your contact information for us to contact you to info@abbysgroup.co.uk

Reviewed 7 August 2018

sad to say after our last visit the service and the standards are not what they use to be ,the decor and toilets are now looking the worse for wear ,sorry to say but the service has also gone into decline

1  Thank John C
Liz P, Owner at Abbys Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hi John, thank you for your review, as you know we take all comments seriously, you will be delighted to know that we have a refurbishment planned for later this year, and we hope you will visit us after

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I had a tapa of scallops and chorizo which was a generous portion, freshly cooked and very tasty. I had herb crusted rump of lamb with asparagus and a berry jus which was very nicely cooked pink I also had roasted vegetables with it that were also very good.

The ambience is nice.