“Julie rushby”
Review of Just Good Cake

Just Good Cake
Ranked #116 of 218 Restaurants in Grimsby
Price range: US$1 - US$1,273
Description: Welcome to our little piece of sparkle where you can enjoy delicious homemade cakes and pastries. Why not treat yourself to Afternoon Tea (pre booking essential) or a Deli board with homemade Sausage rolls and quiche all topped off with a glass of prosecco as we are fully licensed. We also make celebration cakes to order.
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Had afternoon tea here today....well what can I say absolutely gorgeous....would definitely recommend it ...nothing too much trouble ....everthing was delicious x

rebecca h, Owner at Just Good Cake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The afternoon tea was exquisite. A visit is essential. The selection of food was varied and very well presented. The quiche and sausage roll was scrumptious.

rebecca h, Owner at Just Good Cake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Just Good Cake opened in September, however the owner has been making beautiful celebration cakes and the best cheesecakes in the world for a long time. (Search on Facebook and you will see what I mean.)
Bekki, the owner, makes everything herself and the quality is outstanding. The tea shop sells sandwiches, sausage rolls, quiche, soup and of course, cakes. In addition there is an amazing deli plate which one of our party ordered and it looked gorgeous too.
It is a small shop with four tables. If you want afternoon tea or want to go for a special occasion I recommend that you book a table.
The afternoon tea consists of sandwiches. You get to choose three fillings and the type of bread. I had salmon and cream cheese, cheese and chutney and chicken and lettuce all in crustless bread. Accompanying these comes an individual quiche, a sausage roll, crisps and small salad garnish.
To follow there are super soft scones with jam and whipped cream, perfectly gooey chocolate brownie, lemon cake and a little pot of mint chocolate cheesecake heaven. (Everything was delicious but the cheesecake was sublime. It was definitely the best cheesecake I have ever had). There is unlimited tea and coffee with afternoon tea and when they say it is unlimited it certainly is. I lost count of the number of times we were offered extra pots of both. Everything was delicious.
The tea shop feels relaxed. It is beautifully decorated and the background music enhances the feeling of calm. The staff are lovely and it is such a friendly atmosphere that you want to sit there drinking tea (or swimming in it!)and not move.
The deli board had lots of elements to it and I want to try it next time because it looked so appetizing. One of our party had the vegetarian afternoon tea and was most impressed to have a vegetarian sausage roll. he children's afternoon tea looks equally scrumptious. Oh ... I forgot to mention the Prosecco. It is the nicest one I have ever had. It wasn't too dry and was the perfect accompaniment for the afternoon tea.
We will return again shortly.

Thank you so much for your kind words and such a detailed review. Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Working opposite this amazing new cake shop is dangerous! Becky is a fantastic baker and creates gorgeous cakes. 100% recommend a visit!

Thank you for your kind words. I like to put temptation under people's noses

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Had afternoon tea at Just Good Cakes and found the service extremely good. The taste of the food is just gorgeous and well presented.
The cakes are made freshly from a range of chocolate Brownies, Lemon drizzle, variety of flavoured cheesecakes, scones with cream. The afternoon tea is different to most with not just a sandwich, sausage roll and a mini savoury tart freshly made. With plenty of tea and coffee or pay extra for latte, hot chocolate etc. They also had an amazing kids menu, slimming world and veggie menu, which I haven't seen in other places before.
The surrounding is fresh, warming and glitzy which was up market compared to other establishments.
I also felt I wasn't rushed and they couldn't do enough for you. The waitress was exceptional and was topping us up with tea and coffee.
I have now booked another afternoon tea for my family coming up from Kent as it is so good.
5* rating and I'm looking forward to my next visit on the 18th November.

1  Thank tinamichellepyrah

Thank
You your comments are very kind. Look forward to seeing you again