“Fascinating”

Bentley's Coffee Shop
Ranked #44 of 210 Restaurants in Grimsby
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Definitely not the most salubrious of surroundings, being encased within a light industrial estate. However, although small, Bentley's is fascinating. The fixtures and fittings are taken from the curio warehouse next door and ALL items are for sale - you could be sitting, drinking your coffee and thinking: "This is a comfortable chair" and it is actually possible to BUY the chair you are sitting on; all of which I personally find eccentric in the best possible way. We had the cream tea and I can highly recommend the scones, which were light and tasty and not as heavy and doughy as scones often are. The service was speedy and friendly, too. The only criticism I had was that the venue was so tiny - we arrived at two minutes to 11.00am, which is the advertised opening time, only to find that three tables were already taken, leaving only two tables 'spare'. Recommended, anyway.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Having read the reviews we thought we would pop in and try out this cafe. Bit disappointed by our visit today. Its lovely inside, very quaint and novel. Service was slow for a toastie and jacket potato but what was more annoying was that my jacket potato which I deliberatly ordered just with beans as I do not eat dairy was covered in butter when it arrived. Now I am not an overly fussy person but I do think they should have checked with me. I couldnt scrape it off either as it had melted all over and I really didnt want to have to wait for another one so I ate it and said nothing....but to be fair no one asked if it was alright anyway!

The menu is also very limited if you dont eat cheese or meat hence my potato and beans.

So in summary its a lovely little cafe and I can see its appeal but I think the service could have been better hence 3 star rating.

2  Thank Zoe B
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This Coffee shop is combined with an Antiques centre the Food is locally produced and Drinks are made to order

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Hubby and I had a lovely Bacon sarnie each , shared a bowl of chips and a hot coffee each at the cost of twelve pounds sixty. They do not skimp on the bacon either. Lovely and clean with pleasant staff. All in all a really enjoyable time.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Called here after looking around the Antiques Section, Very pleasant male staff member took order and served drinks. The Cafe Is designed to make you feel your in your own Front Roo. Really a very pleasant experience and looking At food menu it's a Place I think we are going to get Very soon. All in All worth a look.