Review Highlights

Alpaca experience

KateC473
Watford
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very impressed with the hospitality that I received from Tracey. Everything was provided in the tents which are in a lovely setting offering a superb view. My children are already asking if they can return next year

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Grange Farm is a working farm and it was a privilege to spend a couple of hours amongst the alpacas who fit in very naturally with the sheep and horses. The herd is a big one with lots of different personalities, Tracey is very knowledgeable and takes time to allow the alpacas to get to know you while you enjoy them gazing at you and the more extrovert animals nuzzling you! We loved the agility activity for handling the boys! Walking around the farm showed off the beautiful area of Leicestershire, and lovely holistic experience and we would love to visit again, especially to see the babies grow up

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The host, Tracey, is a former schoolteacher and it really shows. Wonderful with the children; engaging and funny but really informative, she had my children spellbound for the entire time. There is definitely no rushed experience here, Tracey takes all the time needed to ensure that everyone has a lovely time. The alpacas are cute, friendly and funny.

Grange Farm also has 5 glamping tents next to the Alpaca field. Each tent is about 15 feet in circumference. Inside, we had a double bed plus two singles with still enough room for a travel cot for our youngest (family of 5). All crockery and cutlery is supplied as well as a personal gas camping stove in the tent plus another gas camping stove in a small communal area which has a sink with running water and a kettle. There are two compostable toilets and a communal shower have been very cleverly constructed inside of a 70 year old horse box in the glamping area just next to the communal kitchen. Picnic tables are outside each tent and there is a communal fire pit also within the glamping area where one can sit on hay bales, warm some marshmallows and marvel at the amazing view.

I have never been glamping before. I had been proper camping once and it was an utterly horrendous experience and one that I vowed never to repeat. This though... Just wonderful. Fresh air, amazing views and a properly comfortable nights sleep. Whilst cooking an English breakfast outside whilst looking at the beautiful English countryside, it seriously made me wonder if my wife and I have got it totally wrong by chasing money in London when it's sometimes the simplest of things that can give you the most pleasure.

As you can see from the places I have stayed, I tend to stay at the most renowned hotels and like a certain standard of living. So how does Grange Farm stack up? Well we travelled on Friday 13th August 2021, staying for two nights. And we have already booked to go back for three nights on Tuesday August 24th 2021 so I guess that gives you the answer!

Wonderful host, wonderful experience, wonderful place. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank stephencS9457DS
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a wonderful afternoon for my daughter's belated birthday present. For someone who is usually a little apprehensive about things, she was soon at ease and loving the alpacas. Tracey was a great host and made learning and exercise fun. Someone didn't want to leave! And to top it off the views are stunning. A great experience for any age

Reviewed 9 August 2021

We had a fantastic time at our Alpaca meet/walking experience. The views were spectacular and Tracy is the perfect host. My little girl was nervous at first but Tracy was kind and patient and found ways to help her by the end of the experience my little girl had loves every moment. We got to feed them which helped my daughter more confident the agility was so much fun and the walk was fab. One of the reasons I would mainly reccomend was we were very happy to hear the animals only get to meet visitors once a day and not everyday, this showed Tracy loves the animals and puts their welfare first.

Date of experience: July 2021