“Breakfast”

Hornby Post Office and Tea Rooms
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Hornby
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this lovely village yesterday and went here for breakfast.It was the nicest brekkie we'd had in ages,worth every penny.Washed down with a love pot of tea.The staff were pleasant without being intrusive.If your in the area give it a go

Reviewed March 13, 2018

The wife and I had some time off on a rainy Monday morning so got up nice and early and head out for a drive and somewhere to stop off for a full English breakfast.

We had heard great reviews of this place so decided to take a look for ourselves.

Hornsby itself is a really beautiful country location and the tea rooms have been lovingly decorates and furnished to sit perfectly in the village.

My wife and I ordered a cooked English breakfast and pot of tea while perusing the decor, the lovely gift and treats on offer for sale in the tea rooms and peering out of the window happily watching the world go by.

The breakfast was absolutely delicious and one of the nicest cooked English breakfasts I've ever eaten ..... all washed down with a really generous pot of tea and lovely hosts.

As I write this (the day after), I'm wanting to go again for much of the same ..... !!!!

Will be returning very soon I hope, thank you Hornby Tea Rooms :-)

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch at this little place.

Food was ok, but not really value for money. They deliver to the table but you have to go to the counter to order.

The breakfast is only available till lunch time (12). If you take this off the menu you are left with basically jacket potatoes, sandwiches, soup and beans on toast. Limited selection!

Door bell is loud and annoying.

Staff were pleasant and bathroom was clean and tidy.

Rooms are 'cosy', but not necessarily quaint.

Food was good considering limited choice.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

Popped in to use the Post Office and ended up staying for coffee and cake. Lovely place, friendly, relaxed. Good choice of gifts and cards too. We loved the quirky collection of teapots. Will definitely call in again.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

2 members of staff constantly talking between themselves throughout our lunch about the tea rooms finances.We were not acknowledge by them.After 5 mins my husband ordered at the counter.Had to assumed it was counter service only.Food was nice but quite expensive.Lady who came with the order from the kitchen as least was pleasant.When we left we said goodbye loudly.Dont actually think they would have noticed us leave if we had not said goodbye.Table beside us had not been cleared.We actually felt like we were introding on someone's personal conversation.I don't often write a review but really ladies this was not professional or friendly.