“Lunch with family”
Review of Montalbano

Montalbano
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Tenterden
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went on a Saturday for lunch with members of my family who were travelling from Cambridge but due to an accident on the M25 ,arrived later than the booking. Although pretty packed the staff were not fazed but very friendly and obliging.
The service was excellent considering the amount of diners. All of us enjoyed the 3 courses we had., especially the Welsh lamb chops which one doesn't expect in an Italian restaurant but being Welsh ourselves, they were a bonus.

1  Thank Eve J

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My visit was Easter Sunday, probably the busiest time of the year, the restaurant was full to capacity and the staff still managed to give an excellent service and the chef excellent food. I was in a group of 6 and there was many other large groups. All our meals came out together. I had the Calamari and Whitebait - cooked to perfection, as was the roast lamb, potatoes and veg, unfortunately the Yorkshire pud was a little too crisp. To competed I chose Easter Cake, very tasty and indulgent but impossible to beat their Tiramisu. Thank you guys an excellent enjoyable lunch. Always advisable to book as they always seem to be busy

1  Thank maggierennie
Ana I, Owner at Montalbano, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Maggie,

On behalf of all the staff at Montalbano - mille grazie!

All of our staff do their outmost to ensure our customer have a great dining experience, we are all very grateful.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went for our wedding anniversary, and being a Tuesday we didn’t think to book.

Montalbanos is sooooo popular it was heaving even at 6:30. Wow.

Our meals were plentiful and served smoothly The waiter was courteous and humorous.

We had the Zibibbo from Sicily and a lovely wine which I recommend.

Would I change anything? I would possibly expand the menus by one dish each. I appreciate that everything is freshly cooked and made but I felt the menu just ever so slightly limiting.

All the best and lovely to have an Italian restaurant in Tenterden

1  Thank john w
Ana I, Owner at Montalbano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear John

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review - all of our team are very grateful.

With regards to your menu choices comments, was there something you were after in particular and did not see on the menu? Let us know if you have any suggestions please, always happy to accommodate individual requirements. Please feel free to contact me directly at info@montalbanorestaurant.co.uk or on 07915132717.

Hope to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food, attentive staff, fantastic atmosphere.. what more can you need for for a happy family lunch

Ana I, Owner at Montalbano, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Sandra

Many thanks for your lovely review. It means a lot to all of our team, we are all very grateful.

Hope to see you soon.

Happy Easter!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Bruschetta starter was lovely, and then a duck main with a great sauce. The cheese is great too- enough for 2 to share.