“Lovely evening meal for two”
Review of The Yachtsman

The Yachtsman
Ranked #18 of 66 Restaurants in Cowes
Description: Please note that The Yachtsman will be clsoing for a winter break from Monday 8th January, re-opening Thursday 8th March 2018. During this period not only will our team take a well earned break but we'll also be carrying out some essential maintenance. We thank you for your custom and look forward to welcoming you back in March.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for an evening meal while visiting the island. We was seated straight away and service was very efficient. The food was lovely and you could tell it was home made / freshly made. We sat by the window so could watch all the ship's going by. They do have an outdoor seating area too. We enjoyed starters, main course and dessert here. Would recommend and would return again! Great little restaurant, great service and great food!

1  Thank Deanna M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the outside this looks like some sort of rough estate watering hole. However do fo inside and it is a charming pub. Food is very good, we had specials that were great and they serve local real ale. Service was a little random, but not in an offensive way

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We popped in without booking on Easter Sunday, and were found a table, even though there were seven of us and we said that we didn’t want to eat. In the end we did eat, and all of the food was just fantastic. Delightful table service provided by Rowena and Jolie who were both lovely. Live music was provided by Alex Katz, which was perfect for the venue, a great selection of songs, played and sang beautifully, at a sensible volume (we could hear the music perfectly but were also able to chat comfortably).
I really cannot fault our visit.
Thanks guys.

1  Thank WoodleyAndWifey
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came in for a Sunday roast as we usually do.. This time we were served by a new member of staff and I was not very happy with the outcome.. I am heavily pregnant and celiac, when I ordered my gluten free roast she did not write it down therefore when my meal came out it was not gluten free and I only noticed because of the Yorkshire pudding otherwise I would have eaten it not realising and could have made me very ill. I then had too watch my friend eat while I wait for mine too be cooked. The food was lovely as always.

2  Thank Riana N
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

We went here on a sunny fresh March day. We sat outside on the sun terrace. The view was beautiful with all sorts of boats passing. I imagine this place is fantastic in the summer!