Moors Valley Country Park and Forest
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights

What could be better than spending the day in the Autumn sunshine in a country park? We were a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kevin H
Zurich, Switzerland
Lovely Park

This is a lovely park and I have visited often over the years. My only issue is I find it difficult... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
D3700HVdonnah
via mobile

1,322 results
All reviews steam train all ages moors valley go ape gruffalo trail train ride country park play equipment golf course play area rubbish home great fun fresh air fantastic place lovely walk on site only downside
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021

Was met by a lovely member of the seasons team who was polite and helpful. Made my coffee in a good time and was the best i have had in a long time. Would recommend

1  Thank J3961GCsusanc
Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

The food in the restaurant was outstanding. We had 2 pizzas and 2 cakes. The pizzas were lovely and fresh, and the cakes were delicious. There was a large selection of cakes for all dietary requirements. Highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Hanandjosie
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Moors Valley is a nice place to visit, however parking charges are very high and the most disappointing thing is the food offering. Not that many people eating inside or outside, hardly surprising given the ridiculous high prices for even basic lunch items - £4.25 for a sandwich from a selection of 6! Ended up waiting more than 15 minutes for a bowl of chips that were dreadful anyway. Whoever is in charge of the restaurant here seriously needs to look at what they are doing.

Date of experience: August 2021
MoorsValleyCP, Communications Ranger at Moors Valley Country Park and Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2021

Hello AFW, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad that you enjoyed exploring the Park and Forest. I'm sorry that our parking charges were higher than you expected. Although it's called a parking charge, it's there in place of an entrance fee. Money generated from parking is re-invested in the park through maintaining and managing the forest, maintaining trails and tracks, updating play equipment and the day to day running of the 1000 acre site.

I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with the food offering. We've had an extremely busy summer and the team have been working hard to provide the best service possible under the circumstances. The restaurant also offer a takeaway service, so even when the seating areas don't appear busy the kitchen can still be very busy preparing orders. I'm sorry that you waited longer than expected for your chips and that you were not happy with them when they arrived. We always aim to provide the best quality food and service so I've passed your feedback on to the restaurant manager.

Reviewed 21 August 2021

I fully understand trying to tackle litter but its ridiculous they offer a no bin policy. I had a hot dog, as did the kids and we had to walk around with ketchup bowls as there are no bins until we could get back to the provider who would accept our rubbish. One dog bin ...also not ideal...come on a few bins won't hurt. Most people try to take their homes but like us, we stopped by on the way home from a week away and didn't have a carrier bag to hand.
The car park is also very expensive. We paid £8.40 for 2 hours. I would suggest you go directly across the A31 to Avon Heath which is way less busier, cheaper and have bins!

Date of experience: August 2021

Hello Traveler831643, thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you were not happy with our bin policy. We provide 12 dog waste bins located in different areas of the Park and Forest, they're highlighted on the following map with dog icons in red and green squares www.moors-valley.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Walking-Map.png

We don't provide general waste bins and kindly ask visitors to take home any rubbish that they have carried into Moors Valley. Any waste generated from items bought in our outlets can be returned to any outlet in the Park and Forest, not just the one that you purchased it from. General waste bins, however often they're emptied can attract wasps, flies and rodents. Other wildlife such as squirrels, foxes, badgers and birds can make themselves ill by eating inappropriate food or packaging material.

I'm sorry to read that you feel parking is expensive. Money generated from parking is re-invested in the park and forest though maintaining trails and attractions. We have a 1.5 mile, 10 structure Play Trail, 2 Play Parks, a Music Trail, Gruffalo Sculptures, singletrack cycling trail, fitness trail and so much more all included in the price of parking.

Reviewed 20 August 2021

We wanted to take our grandkids, son and pregnant daughter-in-law for a walk and picnic when they visited us while we were on holiday and found this place online. The website didn’t give the impression that it was so big or would be so busy. As others have mentioned, the carpark is Disney World size and already more or less full when we arrived at 11:30. There were thousands of people milling around the visitor centre area - too many to achieve any kind of social distancing- long queues for drinks and ice cream , bikes and dogs all getting in each other’s way, and no obvious place to sit, so after using the toilet we just turned around and left after 15 minutes…still had to pay £8.40 for the carpark as we had two cars, so probably the most expensive toilet break in history).

Date of experience: August 2021

Hi Ian, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry that the park was busier and bigger than anticipated. School holidays are our busiest time and with the South West welcoming a large number of visitors this year we have been very busy. The Visitor Centre is the main hub of the park and this can get busy at peak times, however if you walk or cycle for around 50 metres it starts to get a lot quieter and quite often by Crane Lake or in the Forest you can go for miles without seeing another person. We have 2 large picnic areas, 1 next to Moors Lake and 1 next to the Gruffalo sculptures. We introduced 50 new benches this year to provide more seating, I'm sorry that you didn't find these areas when you were here. To help people plan their day we provide free paper maps at the Visitor Centre and there are also large map signs located around the park, you can also download them on our website www.moors-valley.co.uk/maps. If it's your first visit we highly recommend popping into the Visitor Centre or speaking to one of the Rangers to give you more information.

Our parking charges are currently £4.20 for up to one hour and £8.40 for up to two hours, we have an ANPR system which should work out the length of your visit and charge accordingly. If you're charged incorrectly please speak to one of the Rangers who will be able to help you. I'm sorry that your visit wasn't as expected and I do hope it hasn't put you off visiting another time.