Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$233
Expedia.comUS$233
Hotels.comUS$233
Trip.comUS$260
CheapTicketsUS$233
Orbitz.comUS$233
1,482 results
All reviews cookies fresh milk coffee machine steam room changing rooms lovely hotel little touches great facilities the pub bunk beds parsons collar new forest peppa pig world junior suite paultons park toast two night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

We had a wonderful happy stay at this hotel on a Secret Escapes deal.
Room and restaurant were fabulous and it was the rest we needed after both working all year as key workers .
When we came to settle the bill I asked for a print out as we did have dedicated amounts to spend as part of the deal. The receptionist told us how much we had to pay which we did. Two days later I have just received a call from the front desk informing me ‘you have outstanding amounts to pay’ and it had been flagged by their finance team. I was at work and was shocked by the tone of the person. This was NOT my error yet I was made to feel like someone who had deliberately tried not to pay what we owe, which I would never ever do.
I did speak to the manager and he has apologised and reassured me he will investigate.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Solent Hotel and Spa, Guest Services / Front Office at Solent Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Dear Mrs West,

Thank you once again for your communication on this matter. As discussed with yourself, please be reassured that this was a error on our side and this situation has been addressed by myself personally.

I am pleased following our communication, that you are willing to give us another chance and redeem you faith back in us and leave on a more memorable note.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

A great hotel. The service from checking in to checking out was excellent. The staff are very customer focused which made our stay even more enjoyable. Everything about the hotel was enjoyable and the food also very good and delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel for a break. Good swimming pool too.

Dear Rosita,

Thank you for taking time out to leave the hotel a five star review. I am pleased to read that your experience with us was a relaxing and enjoyable stay and from all of us at the Solent Hotel & Spa, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

I will start this review by stating that I will definitely be returning only due to the fact the restaurant is absolutely stunning and the evening menu looks fantastic; but If I have the same service as today it’ll be too painful to return. I don’t like to write overly descriptive, unhelpful negative reviews so I’ll just list what went wrong and what could improve:

1: made a booking after seeing a fantastic menu on the website for the terrace bar and grill. When we arrived the menu outside the restaurant was the same, we were very disappointed to be handed the very reduced lunch menu. I was hoping for calamari and bread but they remove it at lunch which I don’t really understand why as bread is a very basic starter? And none of the available starters sounded appetising. It also doesn’t explicitly mention anywhere that this I solely the evening menu, we actually had to go through 2 members of staff who didn’t even know before finding out that this was available in the evening and not the daytime. Not a huge error but disappointing and could have more on the lunch menu especially basic starter while waiting for food like bread, espescially as the waiting time was quite a while.

2. When shown to our table we were given a table really close to the entrance, I wish we had been offered another table or to sit outside as we ended up being right opposite the kitchen door which kept being left open by staff, we also noticed a senior looking member of staff holding plates she had cleared on her arm while doing something on the till (which put us off a bit as the food on the plate was half eaten which made us think it might not have been that great.

3. We weren’t asked for drinks on arrival and weren’t given drinks menus, we were told a waitress would be serving us called Harriet I think but were served by a different person every time.

4. We sat down just before 12 and our food arrived a good half an hour later, they took a while to take our order, you don’t need 15 minutes to look at a lunch menu that has a choice of about 4 basic main dishes..

5. When our food arrived the burger was fantastic, we would definitely order it again. Everything about the food was really good although I feel the sandwich could have more filling.

6. No one came and checked on us after our food arrived, we were looking around and even with 0 customers about it seemed everyone was really busy, we kept hearing conversations about other bookings in the hotel which we didn’t want to and again wished we were sat somewhere else.

7. After a while we just wanted to leave as we’d been sat there for nearly an hour just to get a sandwich, I did want to actually sit outside and have a coffee and desert but got tired of waiting for ‘our’ waitress to appear. I don’t mind casual service but this restaurant is not priced for it or advertised as that? ‘So and so will be your waitress today’ implies you will have pretty attentive service when that’s not what it is.

A table of extremely loud and excited women were seated so close to us halfway through our meal that we couldn’t hear each other speak, we noticed them be asked for drinks on arrival and generally more attention as well.

8. In the entrance it states table service due to covid but the waitress was happy for us to wander over to the till when we got fed up of waiting for someone to ask how our meal was or if we wanted a dessert or coffee or anything that normally happens in any basic restaurant.. this annoyed us as it made us feel like we were expected to pay our bill by walking over to the till when we didn’t know that.

9. She didn’t ask how our meal was, which I left over half of but no one would have known as we had no check back , then asked how I was paying and handed me the card machine without even telling me the price first.. she was a very pleasant woman but it doesn’t seem like the restaurant has any proper training or standards at all really which you expect in a 4* hotel, me and my partner have worked in less fancy hotels and provided much better standards of service.

10. I wish there was someone knowledgeable on site that could tell you more about the spa or provide some enthusiasm of any kind, we were really disappointed with what was meant to be a great day out to be honest. We wandered down to spa but I felt awkward and rude with all the staff in conversation about work unable to greet customers.

11. They don’t answer the phone! Seems like someone is keeping the staff budget nice and low. The restaurant is honestly so stunning it’s actually almost bizarre compared to the rooms we saw in bad reviews.

Thanks for reading, we will come back again and hope you take our feedback on board

2  Thank hampshirebaker2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to leave the hotel a review.

We are currently undergoing many changes within our food and drink team over the past few weeks and I know the management team here at the hotel are making several changes to ensure that the issues you have mentioned in your review are addressed. I will certainly share your comments with the team and ensure these are noted.

I am pleased that you will be willing to give us another visit, and please do not hesitate to get in contact with myself at the hotel where I would be happy to assist with ensuring you have a more memorable experience.

Reviewed 13 May 2021

Visited here for my friend’s birthday and the whole experience was really lovely. We sat out on the terrace, had a very cheery welcome and we’re given blankets to put round our legs as it was quite chilly; a thoughtful touch. Ordered smoked salmon and crayfish tail sandwiches which were very generously filled and were delicious, plus fries. All washed down with a glass of wine, followed by coffee. Service was excellent by friendly attentive staff. A gem I hadn’t visited before, but have now recommended to friends and will definitely return.

Date of stay: May 2021
Solent Hotel and Spa, General Manager at Solent Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2021

Dear 674jacquit,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent experience with us. I’m so pleased to read that you enjoyed your special lunch with us and especially the overall service from the team. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2021

This hotel had friendly staff, a fantastic gym and pool, delicious food and a nice outdoor area complete with fire-pit and bean bags. Everything was spotlessly clean and the rooms were well equipped. Nice ambiance. There were also activities like nature walks and a cocktail lesson day planned for the 22nd. I was there to recover from surgery at a nearby hospital and it made for a really pleasant stay. Throughly enjoyed the experience, can't believe it isn't 5 star. good value for money too. Also couldn't hear the nearby road. Rooms at a nice temperature.

Room tip: Ground floor has easy access to the tennis court, spa and garden.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Emil24061,

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Solent Hotel & Spa again soon.