Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lord Bute Hotel(Christchurch)
View Hotel
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
  • Restaurant
The Kings Arms(Christchurch)
2,069 results
All reviewsafternoon teatree housecroquet lawntasting menubreakfast hamperthe main hoteljunior suitespecial occasionattention to detailhot tubservice chargesandwichesgrounds are beautifulbirthday treatout of this worldworth every pennyfeel special
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a Junior Suite and arrived for treatments followed by tea and then had dinner later. The food was fabulous (the breakfast was delicious too). The environment is very comfortable and cosy. It's a bit of a rabbit warren to find the rooms, but we had excellent service and really enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux
Mark B, General Manager at Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear pat835,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear you had a lovely stay in one of our junior suites. These rooms over look the grounds and are perfect for a relaxing get away and I am very happy to hear that you found your room comfortable and cosy!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, perhaps in one of our Tree houses?

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely lunch in The Market. Sumptuous room, amazing spa, stunning dinner with superb wine recommended by the excellent sommelier. All topped off with breakfast in bed. Can also add I'm gluten free and the hotel catered for this without an issue.

Dear Lisa M

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you had a wonderful time and I will ensure that the rest of the team are aware of your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for many more visits to come!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A beautiful Hotel and grounds. The room alone was over £700 for a night and we found the shower to have mould and dirt. The food was delightful, however with the cost of this hotel service should really be second to none. A very warm welcome which was let down by slow bar staff and slow restaurant staff.

1  Thank jcm9674jcm

Dear jcm9674jcm,

Thank you for your review.

I am disheartened to read your feedback and that you experienced some issues during your stay.We always strive for greatness and want all of our guests to leave wanting to return.
I will certainly ensure that Alex, our Food and Beverage Operations manager is aware of your review and brings this forward with the rest of The Dining Room team.

I hope that despite you will return back to see us again in the near future and find it in your heart to forgive us. Please do not hesitate to contact me further at the hotel if you wish to discuss your feedback further.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed 3 nights at the Chewton Glen and looked forward to a 5 star stay, given that we spent per night 1k half board. We expected a stay similar to the Coworth Park Hotel. Unfortunately it wasn't.
The room was very nice and spacious, unfortunately a coffee machine was missing so we had to call up room service every time we wanted to have tea or coffee and had to pay for it.
Be careful about the pricing as there are many hidden service charges and VAT.

The dinning restaurant doesn't open at 12pm - it opens around 12.20/12.30pm which was annoying as we had to feed our little one before his nap time. It would have been good if the restaurant would either be ready at 12pm or just communicated and print every where that it opens at 12.30pm. There are lots of waiters running around in the restaurant chatting to each other instead of giving attention to the guests.
As we wanted to go for a walk to the coast, they said it is pram friendly - It ISN'T. So please don't go with a pram....
The staff at the spa is a bit inexperienced - my husband didn't enjoy his massage and my facial wasn't great either. The therapist took 20min just to clean my face and when I took a shower later I still found some make up on my towel.
My husband was also more than disappointed about the golf course and driving range. The driving range is more a putting range and the golf course very difficult with lots of trees and hills in the way.

On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and the babysitters we booked very good with our son. Not sure though why the kids club has short and inconvenient opening times (10.30-12.30 and 14.00-16.00) - it should be more like 9.00-12.00 and 15.00-18.00.
The food at the restaurants was quite good, but you do pay a very high price for it.

If the pricing would have been lower I would have given 3 Stars but we spent 5k for 4 days which unfortunately didn't meet our expectations.

Kind regards,

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank TravellerJ123

Dear TravellerJ123

Thank you for your review.

I am saddened to read your feedback as you know we always aim to exceed expectations and on this occasion we have not. We always strive for greatness and want all of our guests to leave wanting to return, feedback is invaluable to us.

I believe that you have been in contact with us already to discuss your feedback in more detail, however if you wish to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact myself at the hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first visit to Chewton Glen for an overnight stay, Everything including all the staff, the food and all the facilities were of an exceptionally high standard. We were very impressed and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Everything you needed & more was provided

Dear 694russell

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time and that your first stay at the hotel was to an exceptionally high standard I will be proud to ensure that the rest of the team are aware of your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.