“Thought it was going to be really good ”

Miller & Carter Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 75 Restaurants in Fleet
Price range: US$9 - US$73
Description: British steakhouse serving the finest steak cuts sourced from British and Irish farms.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Was so disappointed the food was nice what there was of it the steak my husband had was very nicely cooked I had bbq chicken but there was not that much of it I am still hungry and usually I give half my dinner to my husband we have been to quite a few pubs and restaurants too eat and I really wouldn’t rush back to here the staff are friendly but just so slow in getting orders in they only do one draft ales just bottles for the money they charge you expect a lot more

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Sue,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
We are glad to read that the food was enjoyable, however are sorry if we've left you feeling a little underwhelmed - I will ensure your comments are seen and any necessary action taken by our Management Team.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We had a round table for 8 in a great spot. Service came with a smile from the wonderful Cliff. Great choice of Cocktails & Mocktails. Free glass of Prosecco to help celebrate the Birthday. Starters to suit everyone including sharing starters. Mains were well cooked. It;s just a pity a few starters and mains had sold out / weren't available even though we had booked an early evening table. Celebration Birthday Cake was amazing. Fantastic atmosphere. Would definitely eat there again.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Susan,
Thanks for your kind review - we are glad to read you had a great time and that Cliff looked after you well.
I will certainly be sharing your comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We visited for business and the service was friendly and attentive. After making our choices we were advised that 3 of the sharing plates were out of stock. Bit disappointing but not the end of the world. The sharing plates are tiny but the food lovely.
Once again a number of steaks on the menu were out of stock and so was one of the side dishes we requested, bone marrow!
The steaks we chose were delicious and cooked perfectly.
Again one of the desserts that someone chose had run out.
Poor planning and it would of been better if we were advised before making our choices. The poor waitress, I felt embarrassed for her!

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Sarrals,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - it's very much appreciated. We are pleased to read that the food & service were both equally great, but disappointed to read that the levels of availability let you down; I will be ensuring your comments are shared with our Kitchen Management Team to prevent future occurrences and reminding our Hosts of the importance of informing guests of unavailable items when showing them to their table.
We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back for a much improved experience.
With thanks,

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Fleet Steakhouse on a Saturday with my wife. Lovely concept and fantastic food but sadly everything came out luke warm. Sent it back twice to give them a chance but still no different. Waiter has kindly taken some items off the bill but we would have rather paid for it to be served right in the first place.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review; please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience. I will be ensuring our Management Team are made aware of your comments.
With thanks,

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We visited this steakhouse shortly after it opened, and felt it was still managing teething problems. Went back on 20th March for a celebration meal and were not disappointed. Cliff was charm and professionalism par excellence, and the meal was a delight. Particularly liked the lettuce wedge. My blue steak was exactly as I ordered, not always the case in the UK. We recommend the mini deserts, even when you’re feeling stuffed!

Hi John,
Thank you for kind review; it's very much appreciated. I will be sharing your comments with Cliff and the rest of the team to make them aware.
We hope to see you again soon,