“give this one a miss”

Grosvenor Casino Restaurant
Ranked #317 of 753 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Visited with a group of friends, waited for over half an hour after being seated, had to go and find someone to take our order. Order taken, then a wait of about 45 minutes before first meals started to appear. Food not very appetising or well presented. All in all, not an experience to be repeated. Compared to the Rendezvous Casino and restaurant, very poor value

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Went for a meal before going into the casino. Have eaten here before but unfortunately we had a problem with one of the meals this time as the steak was too tough, however it was handled extremely well and will definitely be going back

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Four of us went and had a good Sunday lunch. Beef and turkey were available and the portions were very generous. The staff very helpful and friendly. Service a little slow and they had run out of horseradish otherwise they would have got 5 stars.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

the food is fine the staff very helpful and do there best for you I had steak cooked how I wanted it and my partner had fish which was again very good .could hear another table complaining about the time it took to get there meal and as they came in after us I don't know want they were moaning about , or is it if we shout loud enough we will get something of our meal I did feel sorry for the staff .

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Visited for a birthday meal with my parents, had been here before and aware the service was not great. Unfortunately this was significantly worse. The starters probably took 30mins, the mains prob took at least another 30-45mims after we had finished our starters. And then the dessert probably took another 30mins after we had ordered that. The wrong dessert was brought out, so we sent it back. Another 20 mins went by while the same plate and another dessert came came back. We went over again that this is not what we ordered but we could not face waiting another 20mins so we just said we would eat it anyway. The waitress said she would try and get it off the bill. The bill again took a while to arrive with the incorrect dessert still listed on the bill. To which my father then complained and the waitress called the manager. My father and the manager exchanged a few words, however I'm not sure the manager saw the full situation and suggested it was a "till error" either way this didn't not explain the extremely slow service. There was about one or two other tables at the restaurant, so I wouldn't have liked to know what it would have been like if they were actually busy. The manager said the staff member that was serving us was new and they were low on staff. The manager said they would take the dessert off and my father exchanged a further few words while she was doing so as it seemed to be taking such a long time for her to do this to. She came back and said she had cleared the bill so we don't need to pay anything.

Overall the food itself was good, the service was probably the worst service we had ever experienced. The food and the gesture from the manager to give us the food and drinks on the house is what stopped this from getting a 1. We wasn't expecting to pay nothing, but I suppose as a casino they can easily afford to lose this amount to help with customer satisfaction.