“Soft play”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

After a busy Easter I wanted some quality time with my daughter. So we decided to go to ashlyns for a day out, I paid for farm and soft play ..had to get a refund on the farm as a man was soaking the mud with a hose even more so we couldn't even walk,Then decided to go to soft play...i have never in my life seen anything so filthy as I have in there. Even the steps have just thick thick dust which would be the easiest to clean.i honestly don't no how the mothers are happy for the kids to pay in such a state.The place needs shutting down it's a health and safety hazard it without doubt hadn't been cleaned in months intact it's in such a state I don't think they've touched it all year!But would like to compliment the restaurant that was spotlessly clean with the most friendliest staff and lovely food.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Visited for lunch. Reserved a table (good idea on a Saturday). Busy, but the welcome was warm. Service a little slow. Food good, my tomato soup was tasty.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We visited as a family group for our Christmas Eve breakfast and weren’t disappointed.

The full English provides generous portions cooked well. The bacon is thick and meaty whilst the sausages steal the show - fresh, local and packed with meat.

The service was fine - no problems as reported in some reviews.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The food was ok at best, however the service was appalling! We were sat in front of the kitchen in full view of all waiting and kitchen staff. We waited twenty minutes for someone to clear the first two of seven plates and that was only after I had sat giving very disapproving looks at the three sometimes four teenage waiting staff that were stood around chatting to one another. After a further fifteen minutes I complained that nobody had taken any dessert orders or cleared away the rest of our plates. To which I had a stroppy response from a stroppy teenager. At no point did any one clear any empty glasses from the table. We had to get up and ask for the bill as that hadn't bothered to come back to the table! But still they found time to stand around talking. They also found time to eat their food in the kitchen stood up without washing their hands after and play with their hair again without washing their hands. All of them had time to stand around chatting to each other. Very disappointing!

2  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We called for lunch which was very nice. Service a little slow, but the real problem was the loud music which made conversation with my partner impossible.
This has put us off a return trip.