“The old dog inn”
Review of The Olde Dog Inn

The Olde Dog Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Olde Dog Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 176 Restaurants in Brentwood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went their Sunday 1st off April for Sunday lunch

Fantastic roast dinner and service excellent will defo go again

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for a meal on Sunday with my wife food ok nothing exceptional left restaurant about 6.30pm I awoke at 12.30am with severe diarrhoea which continued throughout the morning so needless to say we will not be returning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here on a Sunday for lunch. Had drinks, sandwiches and dessert. Staff were friendly, food was served promptly and of good quality. Fires were going on a snowy day, olde worlde pub with lots of character. Was my first visit and would go back, advisable to book.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

My family and I attended this pub recently for a Saturday lunch. Since visiting the pub, I have since the reviews and now feel a little sheepish for having gone there in the first place!

Having booked a table, we were "greeted" by the front of house. Whilst the greeting was perfunctory, which I can live with, I was soon to realise that perfunctory was as good as it was going get on this particular afternoon.

We ordered drinks almost as soon as sitting and got comfortable. Whilst I didn't keep a great track of time at this stage of the outing, my best estimate of the wait time for drinks was 10 - 15 minutes. With hungry children and partner, I decided to persist with ordering some lunch, something from the kids menu and some burgers. At this point, there were 3 other tables at various stages of their meals in the restaurant.

Some 48 minutes later our food arrived without apologies or any explanation. When we did begin to eat we were disappointed, one of the orders was incorrect, the burgers were charcoal, and the chips didnt appear to be fully cooked. Trappings such as burger rings etc appear to be frozen. After waiting so long, with a hungry family we soldiered on, ate what we could and made our way for the exits.

On the way out, helping the waitress find the card machine is an added amusement.

I note that there are some reviewers that comment that this is a decent pub. This may be accurate but AVOID if you plan to eat.....

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Have been visiting this pub on and off for years. It was always reliable for a good clean pint and interesting value for money food. Went there today 15/02/18 and it was awful. There were two bar staff both of which looked like they didn’t want to be there, we ordered our drinks and asked for the bar food menu. We waited a good 15 minites before someone bothered to take the order and there was only two other people at the bar. We took a seat at the rear of the pub, it stank of dogs and the seat was covered in dog hair. When the food came it looked like it had been thrown together and the white bait I ordered was almost black. We won’t be going back