All reviews the owner mini bar cream tea sitting room cakes small hotel beautiful hotel tea room opposite the castle separate lounge sunday lunch lovely food roman walls overlooking the garden went smoothly large shower cooked to perfection
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Such a lovely, lovely place.
We had arranged to meet for a quick chat.
It was perfect.
The ladies serving were a delight.
Sandwiches were beyond excellent.
Loved the red cabbage coleslaw. Can I order it in bulk
Will be back soon.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Such a charming hotel with so much history the oak beams make it stunning we were so pleased we found this right near the castle. The breakfasts and food served in the restaurant were great and we really enjoyed them.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

It was such a pleasure to find a establishment that treats kids the same as adults making them feel most welcome, making sure everything that could be done for them was. The chefs created some great treats for the kids and even gave my kids some extra home made mini meringues they were so excited. We had the Sunday roasts on the bank holiday evening the food was fantastic and meats tender.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I had a couple of nights away at this establishment recently and what can I say it’s simple stunning the rooms as as good if not better than many high end establishments I have stayed at throughout the world this being my first visit since turning 18 and my first alone I was worried at first but the hotel and its staff made me feel safe and secure the food served was super and the breakfasts were simple perfect

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Such a beautiful hotel in a quiet location brillant for proof reading my latest book the food served with to a standard seen at some of the best London restaurants my server really knew his wines and recommended a perfect red to go with my meal. Would highly recomend.

Trip type: Traveled solo