Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
For birding enthusiasts, easy access & coffee shop.

Good destination for birdwatching, try out binoculars (shop), pond dipping (equipment for hire at... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Alex P
via mobile
One of the best!!

Really enjoyed our trip to Titchwell Marsh. Home to lots of Avocets and Lapwings, this is one of... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
O7427VNoliverp

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Titchwell
from US$62.66
from US$83.54
from US$19.49
from US$41.08
More Info
All reviews the reserve bird watching car park bird life great reserve guided walk reed beds non members main path public footpath bearded tits wading birds norfolk coast great walk well worth a visit sandy beach great place to visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2021

An extensive, well-planned area for bird protection. There are two main hides (which could use a lick of paint, and attention to the windows) which overlook natural habitats, along with a protected are on the beach. Once away from the entrance, there are very few amenities to be found.

Date of experience: July 2021
Lucy_RSPB, General Manager at RSPB Titchwell Marsh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your glowing review. We do have a weekly and annual hide-cleaning schedule, although it looks as though we missed out for your visit so thank you for your feedback.

I do hope that you can visit us again.

Warmest regards,
Lucy Ferrer, Visitor Operations Manager.

Reviewed 26 August 2021

We arrived and had a hard sell for joining, iused to be a member but as a single person it's far too expensive if you only visit a reserve twice a year, which I told your representative, but still he went on. The paths at certain areas were blocked with birdwatchers, at least 20 ,standing closely together
Unfortunately the tide was out so there was little to see.
The best part was the fantastic beach,
The worse was overpriced rubbish food

Date of experience: August 2021

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for rating us. I do apologise if at anytime you had a negative experience at RSPB Titchwell. I will feed back your experience to my team to ensure that this is an isolated incident with regard to the ask to join the RSPB.

I'm very interested to hear more about your experience at our café as we are developing our Winter menu. I would like to invite you to contact me at titchwell@rspb.org.uk, so that I can understand how we could have improved the menu for you.

With very best regards,
Lucy Ferrer, Visitor Operations Manager.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

The RSPB needs to come clean that the footpath to the beach is a public right of way. Ok to charge something for car parking but not £5 a head to use a public footpath if the reserve itself (hides etc) are not entered.

Date of experience: August 2021
Lucy_RSPB, General Manager at RSPB Titchwell Marsh, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. You're quite right, one of the trails on the reserve is a public footpath which can be accessed free of charge from the road.

Similar to other visitor sites along the North Norfolk coastline, we have an entry fee on the reserve to cover the cost of the facilities that visitors use such as the car park, toilets, permissive trails and hides - just as the previous £6 car parking charge had done.

I hope that helps to clarify, but if you have any specific questions, please let us know via titchwell@rspb.org.uk.

Best regards,
Lucy, Visitor Operations Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

The nature reserve has been planned with a great deal of thought.The hides are great.There are many species to see.
The cafe and shop are well stocked.
We agree very much that the RSPB needs to be supported,however what was a bit frustrating was we were charged entrance fee,went to the toilet and and 15 minutes later the visitor centre was closed. Therefore we were charged and anyone who arrived 15 minutes after us was not.I would have been happy to pay if we were told that was going to happen but felt like our money was taken unfairly without explanation,.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the great review about the reserve. I'm sorry to read about your frustration with the welcome you received, but thank you for contributing to the upkeep of the reserve and its facilities.

We hope to see you again soon.

Lucy,
Visitor Operations Manager.

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

Really enjoyed our impromptu visit to this beautiful atmospheric reserve. Also fascinated to read the history. Lots of birds . Our visit was slightly marred by the hard sell we got to join, the man just would not give up. My partner was particularly aggrieved by what he felt was his rude and intrusive manner. We were asked why we could not join and then told tjat he was being paid for being there and we could help fund him. This went on for over five minutes. My other concern was that whilst people in the shop and small food shack were wearing masks and indeed customers are asked to do so too, that on entering the reserve the person who saw us in was not. If he had kept his distance I might have felt happier, he did not but practically put his head through the car window. Take care

Date of experience: July 2021
Lucy_RSPB, General Manager at RSPB Titchwell Marsh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Hello there

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad to read that the wildlife gave you such an enjoyable visit.

I do apologise if any of the team made you feel uncomfortable during your visit. If you're happy to share more details, please do email me at titchwell@rspb.org.uk and I will investigate this for you.

With very best regards,