US$100
US$37
US$28
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$31/night.

US$48
Agoda.com
Rains Inn(Guwahati)
US$32
Agoda.com
All reviewsriver viewtrees blockingmosquito repellentwould stay againclean roomsclose to the railway stationwarm hospitalityprime locationrasamvijayguesthousebrahmaputrariversidecityghat
Reviewed 17 February 2018

The best place to stay in Guwahati with the best locality, one of the best views, extremely helpful people, clean rooms and bathrooms, very good food and a very safe place for women to stay, my short stay at Riverview Guest House will be etched in my memory.

Having a very helpful Mr. Vijay, the manager cum owner of the place who guided us in our marketing and sight-seeing was really nice. A special thank you to him and his helping hands Pobitro and Nath, who were always at service with a smile on their face.

Just hope the wi-fi net connection is extended beyond 10.30 p.m to atleast 12 pm because t the visitors are generally back in their rooms late in the evening after trying to make the most of the wonderful Gwahati city.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Namrata R
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Duration of Stay – 3rd Jan 2018

I had stayed at this guest house for one night at the start of my north-east trip. Location of the hotel is very good since it’s close to the railway station and bus stop and yet in a quieter side of the town.
It’s basically in a residential building within a complex called “Riverview Heights”. It’s the first building on the left after entering this compound. But you won’t find any signboard there and the only way to find the place is by calling up the owner. Rooms are located on several floors. I had booked some rooms for the ground floor, but was upgraded to a room on second floor. Rooms had bed, table, a cupboard and TV. Not sure if there was an AC since I didn’t have to use it. Bathroom had hot water, which was a blessing and rooms were kept clean. I had tried their Assam style meal for dinner and it was very tasty.
All in all, it was a decent place for one night stay. Only problem I felt was that it gave me an uncanny feeling of staying in a stranger’s house rather than a hotel room. But this could be because of my lack of experience with guest houses in general.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Riverguesthouse, Manager at Riverview Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Ms Payel,
I apologise for the delay in replying to your review, nevertheless, I wish to thank you for taking time out to pen this review.As you highlighted, our location is our USP and anyone looking for a serene and sober locality by the river, might find our property ideal. Thank you for detailing the room facilities and yes all our rooms are air-conditioned and washrooms have geysers.From your narrative, I gather that your overall experience was nice including our home-made meals. In any case,we take all guest feedback positively and are always trying to improve. Please be our guest again sometime.Thanks.

Rgds,
Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This guest house is very near to brahmaputra and the ghat where we take boat to the island. Location is good. Its a very old construction. Decently maintained but the price we paid, I felt as high as any hotel. The breakfast given was pretty basic, although home made and tasty. Recommend this guest house if you get it for a good price and need it near the river.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Mr Srini,
I apologise for the delay in replying to your review, nevertheless, I wish to thank you for taking time out to pen this review.I gather that your overall experience was good, if not great, and we have taken your inputs positively and will work towards inprovements. Please try us again sometime.Thanks.

Rgds,
Manager

Reviewed 14 December 2017

No locks on the door of the room. No Geyser. Charge for drinking water. Creaky Bed. Not returning Identity proof. Difficult to find as no Board outside. No privacy to enter and leave the room. Nosy owner. The worst hotel ever. Book at your own risk and safety.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Riverguesthouse, Manager at Riverview Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Dear Mr Elton,
We thank you for taking time out to review our property. For the benefit of potential guests and other reader's,please permit me to inform that you actually stayed on the property for not more than 5-10 minutes. Because,you had booked a Non-Riverview A/C Double Bedroom whereas the lady guest accompanying you wanted a Riverview Dlx A/C Double Bedroom and, after some discussions among yourselves you decided to leave without paying us. Those being the facts of the case, its indeed amazing how you managed to have so many experiences in such a short time.Thank You.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

4 days ago i had sent my parents over there. Since they always like a good homestay property which provides a warm hospitality unfortunately this property didn't turn out to be in this case. The manager and the staff was rude and any request for food or any service was met with a grumpy look. The cot was making noise every time someone sat upon it. The only reason i am given 2 star is due to its location which is opposite to bramhaputra river and provides a picturesque spot to enjoy the sunset or sunrise.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family