US$80
US$67
Quality Inn(Ripley)
US$71
Hotwire.com
All reviewssmall townexcellent hotelcookiesfitness centergreat place to stayafter a long daywould definitely stay here againbusiness tripthe breakfast arearoad tripin townbeds were very comfortablecomplimentary breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfulother hotelswest virginianice stay
Reviewed 28 March 2018

My family and I visited Gallipolis in mid/late March 2018 to explore the area and look for housing before I move in to the area in June to work with the Family Medicine Residency program at Holzer Health. The hotel is very centrally located, and the Ohio River is a few steps away. Prices are very reasonable, and service is excellent! Staff is very courteous. The hotel was very clean. Excellent range of breakfast options. The only drawback was an unpleasant chemical odor in the lobby and hallways.

Room Tip: Avoid 1st floor rooms. Pick a room facing the main road (south/southeast side).
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018

My family and I stayed here on our way to Florida. Being a gold member, I was able to check myself in prior to arrival. All was ready upon arrival, staff was friendly, the room and bathroom were clean. We enjoyed using the pool and hot tub. Breakfast was great with a few options we don't normally find at other Hampton Inns we stay at. Location of the hotel was convenient and easy to reach.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018

There aren't a lot of options in the area and this seemed like the best pick. Upon arriving we noticed a strong smell of possibly sewage in the lobby. The man that checked us in was friendly and gave us suggestions for dinner. The smell seemed to linger throughout the hotel, but wasn't as strong in our third floor room. The room itself was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom had a shower only, which was fine for us, but just a heads up to anyone who would prefer a tub. The breakfast in the morning was good, but when I asked to have a tray to take back to my room the woman working in the breakfast area was rather cranky and repeated sternly several times that I needed to return the tray to that area before checking out. Not a problem at all to return the tray, but the attitude about it irked me. Overall, it was a decent stay, but not sure we would stay again.

Stayed: March 2018
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Gallipolis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear MtDrex,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your comments and are very sorry for the unpleasant odor and level of service received. We will address your comments with our team as we work to improve our guest experience. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated as it is the first step in helping us improve our services. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Nice, clean hotel. Customary entrance, nice selection of coffee available all the time across from the front desk with cookies also. Check in was easy as I checked in via my app and the digital key so I just had to stop at the front desk and get the digital key activated. The check in lady wasn't the best, although she wasn't the worst either. Just not very friendly. Room was pretty customary. It did have a nice clean smell and the bedspread smelled really fresh and clean. The room was clean itself also. I did not find the bed or the linens uncomfortable. It was pretty hotel usual along with the pillows. Overall, a very good average stay. I would stay again if I were in the area. It definitely seems the best in the area in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Gallipolis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear jkliles,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear to hear that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Everything was fine/good except the bed was extremely uncomfortable. Nothing (pillows, sheets, blanket, comforter/coverlette) was soft and the pillows were all very large and thick and firm. I slept horribly.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Miri L, On Behalf of Management at Hampton Inn Gallipolis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear akg2018

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the comfort of the bed and bed linen. I've worked with our maintenance and housekeeping teams to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

Miri L.