“Wunderbar”

Ranked #284 of 2,355 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Wurst und Bier German restaurant and beer hall is Columbus Ohio's place for German sausages and cold draft German beers. Lovers of currywurst, schnitzel and strudel will find a delicious lineup of authentic German food. We offer an extensive and unique selection of Imports and Craft beer with 27 on tap. People rave about Wurst und Bier's authentic Bavarian pretzels and bratwurst. Stop in to enjoy your favorite games on TV, soak in our German Beer Hall atmosphere, try us for yourself and see what the buzz is all about. Parents will love our children's menu and lively, friendly environment!
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This resataurant was in a movie theater plaza right next to the Hyatt Place Worthington. My husband is of Austrian descent, so we go to German cuisine restaurants in search of delicious spaetzle & other foods & Beer (I go for the Riesling or liebfraumilch). We convinced our fellow wedding guests from our hometown to go with us. I think everyone enjoyed their food. Delicious cucumber salad that almost each of us ordered, the schnitzel was perfect, the spaetzel was good although in a creamy cheese sauce which is different from how my in-laws taught us to make it, but yummy nonetheless. Friends who work for a family owned sausage company at home thought the wursts they chose were decent, and the guys liked the beer! It was empty for a Friday night, but this area where the restaurant was is college & business travellers park, so since it was right before New Year,college was out & not too many business travellers. There was a live accordion player who played the whole Sound of Music song list & other polkas, eventually he came to our table to interact with us since we were enjoying his music. Very charming. Hostess and waiter may have been from Germany as their accents were thick.Service was ok...a few minor mix-ups with some of our sides. One thing hubby & I have noticed...in a restaurant that is having a slow night, the service is sometimes worse (no pun intended ) than on a busy night. I would love to go to this place again, on an Oktoberfest kind of night to see if people dance to the accordion music. Several big screen tv's for sports near the bar, and many long tables for a beerhall atmosphere.

1  Thank ulms2018

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I wish I could give this establishment a higher rating as I love German beer and food, but in order to maintain my reviewer integrity, I can not give this more than three stars. I have been to this restaurant a good number of times, and will return as there are not a lot of alternatives if you like German food and drink, but there is just something very off with the service. During my most recent visit, came here with a group of nine for dinner after going to the Marcus theater. While we had a very, very nice server, the place just isn't run properly. Food items were missing from the order, and took forever (having to ask a number of times) to be brought. Although there was another employee standing in the dining area, he would only pass along any requests to the one female waitress who was taking care of all tables. Let me get out of the way that on any given day, a restaurant can have an off night due to unusual circumstances, but I've been to Wurst and Bier often enough to tell you this isn't an isolated case. There is just something very odd about the management of this place - perhaps absentee or disinterested owners, cash flow issues, etc. - I don't know, but I do know that many others have shared the same observations. I believe that with proper management this could be a top spot, but I've been going here for years and it hasn't changed yet - too bad. Best to sit at the bar and have a beer.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We went here and the service was terrible. We sat at the bar and it took awhile for our drinks then we ordered our food. That came quick. Then we were never checked on again. Tried to get check a couple of times. Might not visit again.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This is great sports and restaurant. Nice selection of German favorites on the menu. They also have a wide selection of German draft beers.
Best part for me was that it was in walking distance on my hotel.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Loved this place. The beer was cold and good. The Rueban was good, but a little greasy. The Sauerkraut balls were also good, but a little long in the fryer. Service was excellent. If I'm back in this part of Columbus again, will definitely stop back in.