All reviews taking care island tour swimming pool my birthday an excellent experience seafood bad weather rooms are spacious and clean special thanks visit this place friends and family jump off point island hopping villa wifi tent amenities
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice grounds and accommodations. Clean bathrooms. Always helpful staff. Kids really enjoyed the pool. Food was terrible. Menu was unimaginative and lacked variety. Music in the dining was really annoying, either techno or rap. Not enough non Filipino food. No wifi in the rooms and very limited wifi in the dining area. No mobile signal at all in the rooms. The beach was extremely disappointing. Full of trash and it seemed that very little effort was made to clean and maintain the beach unlike other resorts. Has potential but falls short. Needs to improve the menu and make effort in taking care of the beach.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank RMTiangco
Shana S, Manager at Solina Beach & Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear RMTiangco,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Solina Beach and Nature Resort.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your comments will help us improve and ultimately serve our guests better.

We are glad that your family enjoyed our facilities during your stay. We’d also like to apologize for the disappointments you experienced. Please be assured that we will raise your concerns to the departments involved.

As for your wifi-related concerns, we are now working with major Telecommunications companies to help set-up needed infrastructure in our area. For now, we shall make sure to inform our guests ahead of time of our wifi limitations upon reservation/ check-in.

Our staff has regularly been doing beach clean-ups every morning. We are also working on educating our neighboring communities on the importance of cleaning their beachfronts.

Thank you, once again, for staying with us. We will do our best to address your concerns to hopefully Improve the quality of our resort and service.

Respectfully Yours,

Solina Beach and Nature Resort Team

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My family and I have always wanted to visit Gigantes, but I was scared to book because I knew my parents would not be comfortable staying in the more "rustic" accommodations in the islands. When this resort opened in Carles, we grabbed the opportunity and it did not disappoint! The facilities were enjoyed not just by my parents but also by my little sister. Thanks to this resort, my parents were able to comfortably visit Gigantes.

Room tip: Wifi is quite weak in the town of Carles. The tower bar area in the resort has very strong Globe LTE signal.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is actually my second time to stay at Solina. I am more than happy to say that the staff really stepped up and their service improved by so so much since I last stayed there.

Everyone was very attentive to our needs. I had the restaurant cook the seafood I bought from the Public Market for a cooking fee and everything they cooked for us was so so good. My seafood cravings were satisfied!

Facilities and amenities are all very clean and well-maintained. Their bedsheets are soft and fluffy. Our island-hopping to Gigantes was hassle-free. The resort even provided us with our own towels. Compared to other groups who were island-hopping that day, we were treated like VIP's.

Room tip: I suggest checking in at one of their Villas or Balays.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

You will travel up to 4 hrs by bus from Iloilo Ceres bus terminal to go to Solina in Carles. Air-conditioned buses are not guaranteed. The place is new and I think it’s a good touchdown spot for island hopping. Facilities are new and so are the staff so they were not familiar with different online booking systems. Their wifi signal is also weak. So if you want to disconnect and still have some modern comfort then visit this place. Better to bring your own car as there is a short cut that it only took us 2.5hrs from the resort to the airport.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The bath is very hot during the day because of the polycarbonate used for roof. Unfortunately not enough trees covering it. The amenities is perfect wish they maintain the bikes. however. Beach is below average although they clean it. Pool is also good. Some higher priced rooms are good unlike the tents. Food is average to below there is only 1 resto. You are stuck unless you went island hopping. Price reasonable though.

Date of stay: May 2018