“Great service”
Review of 21 Junk Street - CLOSED

21 Junk Street
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I regularly visit 21 Junk St and enjoy their friendly service, their ever changing menu never disappoints and I love that they are always able to add a little nutritious something on the side for my toddler..... oh and most importantly the coffee is amazing.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Called into have a cuppa and they had nothing available, was early in the day and everything that was asked for was not available. Comment was "We don't have any of that".

Tjmarks01, Owner at 21 Junk Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Hi capedouglas,

I would love to speak to you in regards to your negative review as the staff and I are all stumped as to what you are referring too.

We change our menu every 2-3 weeks, and our cakes and slices are ever changing depending on seasonal produce, however we have no recolection of what we may have been out of. If it’s on our menu we generally always have it available. There may be a slight change in produce sometimes (if it has been a busy day we maybe change smoked salmon for bacon, or kale for spinach etc). We are a small little cafe so we don’t often stock anything that is not on our menu.

I’d you would like to email me and explain the situation we can go from there.
Admin@21junkstreet.com.au

Thanks
Pete and Tj

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Looked these guys up on Facebook first and food looked amazing with great reviews... well, it wasn't. After waiting over half an hour for breakfast when we were the only table in the cafe, we were delivered below average food. Three meals were the glorified bacon and egg burger, which wasn't great, and the other was the eggs, bacon, veggies, sourdough plate - again, very average. The bacon on all was completely overcooked, the bread wasn't sourdough (as noted on the menu), the egg on the brekky plate was meant to be poached but it was fried and the yolk was hard and the burgers were more basic than what I'd cook on a Sunday morning!

On top of that, service was pretty average and the staff weren't that friendly or tidy looking. Had to ask for salt on the table and 5mins later was given a salt grinder that was SO caked up with salt it was unusable.

Lastly, I used their toilet... I'm fairly certain they'd be shut down if the health authorities saw this! There was raw sewage leaking from the base of the toilet - which also happened to tip over slightly when I sat on it!!!

The only positive note... coffee was good.

Tjmarks01, Owner at 21 Junk Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hi there,

I am so sorry you experienced this in our little shop.
There is no excuse for bad service or bad food and these are two things we absolutely pride ourselves on. I can only put it down to having an off day as our staff are exceptionally friendly and our food is always simple but great quality and cooked beautifully.

Our sourdough is Yankalilla Bakery sourdough which is stated on the menu, made just around the corner and the egg is also stated on our menu as a sunny side up egg, not poached.

Our toilet block is not fancy at all but we will make sure we give it some attention over the next few weeks.

Again I apologise for your experience and appreciate the kick in the bum to lift our game.
We hope next time you visit you are pleasantly surprised and satisfied.
Kind regards,
Pete and TJ

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I am a regular visitor to this funky place. I will drive from Normanville just for the great coffee and warm welcome from the fun staff. Cold drip coffee on a hot day is the best. I am not sure how they make the healthy food taste so good but my husband even loves it. A pimped up egg and bacon is magic to cure a hangover. Today I enjoyed a Roast pumpkin and aspargus salad with avo pesto pearl couscous off the specials board!

So glad your one of our regulars and enjoy our menu! We agree on the pumped up too!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My Nan, brother and I went here for lunch on Sunday afternoon. I loved it as soon as I walked in! Food was well priced and quite delicious. They do a good chai latte also. Friendly staff and cute crockery. Loved it!

Thanks for visiting Carly Z!