Kuranda Visitor Information Centre
Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Don’t forget about this place in Kuranda, worth the visit

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from US$127.72
from US$132.54
from US$492.57
More Info
All reviews local attractions discount voucher barron falls train station worth a visit volunteers pamphlet displays forest
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately we only got to spend about 10 minutes at the information centre but jeez I wish we had more time. The lady who engaged with us was one of the most lovely and polite women I have ever spoken to. She was so keen to help us out with anything we needed, and basically gave us a tour around the entire information facility. One of the best Information Centres I have been to in the country...definitely pop in and say g’day!

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

I can’t express enough how friendly we found Kuranda to be. Everyone from the moment we got off the gondola people couldn’t do enough to help and make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. From the staff of the local attractions to an indigenous busker and a little fella a hundred feet up the road from him. Would live here in a heartbeat. Please readers be patient and considerate during these Covid times.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 14 December 2020

Rarely have I come across such lovely staff at a tourist information centre! I can definitely say that Catherine and her staff do go the extra mile. My experience with them was just great, and they also helped me organise an aboriginal tour in the forest and surroundings with local guide Errol, who was just so knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I learnt so much about the past and present aboriginal culture in the area, which no other more "touristy" things in the field would have taught me before. Thanks a lot Kuranda team!

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 31 August 2020

The information centre is only open a few days of the week at the moment, so bad luck if you choose the wrong day to visit.
the staff is friendly and there is quite a lot of information available.

Date of experience: August 2020
Catherine H, Front Office Manager at Kuranda Visitor Information Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2020

Thank you for your feedback. Due to covid we are only open 5 days a week. We hope to return to seven days a week soon. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Kuranda.

Reviewed 14 August 2020

My friend and I popped into this centre to collect a map and ask for directions to Barron Falls. We were both extremely taken aback by the unhelpful woman behind the desk who responded with: “I wouldn’t advise going because there’s heavy traffic and too dangerous to walk there”. This shocked us as we had specifically done our research online regarding this tourist attraction. Luckily we stopped by a local cafe for a cup of coffee after travelling all the way from Cairns by bus that morning. The lovely barista at (Riley’s Cafe and Bar) told us we could quite easily walk through the Jumrum Creek trail, take a right turn at the road and follow the road for 20 minutes and as easy as that we arrived at Barron Falls SAFELY having only passed 4 cars en route.

Date of experience: August 2020

Thank you for your feedback. As an accredited visitor centre we have to be mindful of safety for our visitors. The road to the Barron Falls is narrow with no pavement and can be hazardous for not only walkers, but also vehicles which can include large motor homes. For this reason the volunteers do advise visitors that the walk is not safe. If they then choose to do the walk that is their decision. We have received complaints in the past from people who did the walk and tell us it isn’t safe. I’m glad you were able to visit the falls in the end and do apologise if you felt we weren’t helpful. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.