“Awful - Go Somewhere Else”
Review of Galley Diner

Galley Diner
Ranked #23 of 68 Restaurants in Daylesford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I have no idea what has happened to this place - a year ago it had a great menu, great service and great atmosphere.

Today the only word for it is awful - let’s do Daylesford a favour and not go there at all and hopefully they will be out of business soon. That way someone who wants to run a decent eating establishment can set up shop.

$142 all up for 2 adults and 3 kids. I had the cider fish and chips - not even edible - it was suppose to be lightly battered cod - definitely not cod but hard to tell as there was so much fatty chewy batter that you really couldn’t find any fish at all.

Wife and son each had the 4 piece chicken / majorly deep fried.

The two daughters each had the kids burger I think - looked ok.

Service wise interesting - one drink comes out then a few minutes later the second and then a few more minutes later the third and so on.

Meal service just as random and entree served after the main.

Th best bit - youngest daughter went to the toilet - through the kitchen - no toilet paper - asked the person in charge - at least they got her some paper napkins.

There was no one eating there when we arrived - we should have read the signs and gone elsewhere.

Such a shame as this use to be a really good place.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Wonderful friendly service when I visited on what turned out to be a busy lunch (mother's day), my friends and I were made to feel very welcome and the woman who served us was so helpful and accommodating. She made a beautiful coffee and compliments to the chef as I enjoyed the Summer Salad immensely! Will definitely return.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

For starters you have a tiny note on your till saying $1 surcharge for eft which goes unseen and you tell me that my bill is $20 and and then you take $21 I think is rude! I don’t know the rules around this but how can you say that will be $20 and then take $21???? The simple bacon sandwich was but far the WORST I have ever had in my life. The bread almost broke a tooth and literally cut my gum it was so hard. The amount of fat rind attaches to the bacon was unbelievable I cannot believe you serve food like that. I will never step a foot back in the venue.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Nice and laid back with a sound choice of burgers and various dishes. The chilli poppers are amazing - cheese stuffed chillies, deep fried and indulgent.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Fun little place with a cool vibe and delicious food. Staff was awesome, particularly our animated waitress, Miranda.

As indicated by the title, literally the best onion rings that I’ve ever consumed. Also, they do a fun lunch deal on weekdays - $17 for a burger, fries/rings and a drink.