““Birthday Celebrations””

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our party consisted of 13, whose ages ranged from 5 to 70 years of age, so a diverse group as you can see. It was to celebrate my coming of age, sorry my retirement having reached that magical age of 65.
We were warmly welcomed by the staff, Faye and Gill, and duly seated and drinks promptly brought while waiting for the rest of the party to arrived.The tables were decorated with sparkly sprinkles and table decorations, accompanied with birthday banners and balloons thanks to Gill,who made sure that I was aware that It was my 65th birthday.

When all the party had arrived we were served promptly with a our starters, that as always, were freshly prepared. The main courses that were ordered were diverse and covered the whole mix of differing home cooked pasta and pizza dishes all delivered to our table piping hot, prepared by Rocco and Alistair (Pizza man). Amongst our party was my cousin and his wife who live in America, they could only say how exceptional their food was, bearing in mind that where they live they are surrounded by Italian pizzarias, restaurants etc. and are well placed to comment on the quality of service and food, they thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience as did the rest of the party.
During the evening copious amounts of wine and beer were consumed that is befitting of a 21st, sorry 65th birthday. The evening concluded with a birthday cake that was duly shared with the other diners and staff in the restaurant.

It was a wonderful evening surrounded by family in a family run establishment (thank you Gill, Rocco, Faye and Alistair), what an exceptional evening we had due in no small part to Rocco and Gill, again a big thank you for making my old age birthday special.

I can only speak as I find, this is an Italian restaurant run by an Italian (Rocco) who cooks traditional recipes the way his mum cooked them. Raunds has a little bit of Italy in Rocco’s so if you want quality service and authentic Italian food you will not do any better than to give this a try. If you need a dish tweaked, ingredients added or subtracted, Rocco will accommodate you as the dishes are all prepared and cooked fresh. Give it a try you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Was a toss up between Indian or Italian last night and I pushed for the Italian.
Nice welcome which was a good start but the food was very disappointing.
I chose the bruchetta as my starter which I love and this came as a pizza base with tomato puree, a few sprinkles of herbs, never had it like that before normally at least fresh tomatoes and onions on a bread base,husband had garlic mushrooms served with thin slices of cold bread again very disappointing although sauce was pleasant.
For main I chose carbonara with garlic bread.......again a pizza base with garlic butter on it ,husband had ham pizza which was OK but nothing special,was expecting better from a family run restaurant.
First and last visit for us sadly.

1  Thank sylviarobertssr
Rocco R, Owner at Rocco's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

I am somewhat bemused with your comments.

You ordered a bruschetta as a starter, the menu clearly states ‘pizza base’ so what else did you expect to be served. You were served exactly what you ordered & exactly how the menu described the bruschetta. If tomato purée had been used you would have paid a lot more,

The same applies for the garlic bread. The menu clearly states ‘pizza base’ - again you were served exactly what you ordered & exactly how the menu described the garlic bread.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Superb meal, freshly cooked, staff were very polite, Restaurant clean and cosy, a very homely setting, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We booked a table at Rocco's at 7pm on a Saturday night. We arrived twenty minutes early as we'd walked, and it was cold outside. Once inside we were greeted warmly and it was no trouble to be seated at our table earlier than 7pm. Drinks were brought to the table quickly and the service from Gill was excellent. You are all made very welcome and nothing is any trouble. We went to celebrate our daughters 6th birthday and we all had a lovely meal.

All the food is freshly cooked to order and everything was served piping hot. The garlic knots were very nice as were all of our meals. Our desserts were also just as nice.

Other things to mention are that the restaurant is nicely decorated and it was lovely to listen to good music from the likes of Dean Martin and other Rat Pack stars. Our daughter loved the music. The toilets are spacious and very clean and nicely decorated.

What we all liked was how polite and friendly the staff are. The chef even came out of the kitchen to wish our daughter a happy birthday. It was a lovely evening meal and we are sure to visit again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I have visited this bistro many times and it never fails to impress me, warm welcome, good choices in pizzas or pasta. Very friendly staff, good cooking by Rocco, home made cheesecake that makes here my favourite Italian. Whether you are looking for an romantic meal for two, or a place to meet up with friends, this is a place to head for.