“Lovely traditional tearoom”
Review of Tylers Tearooms

Tylers Tearooms
Description: We are a small family run tearooms serving breakfast, lunch, homemade cakes, cream teas and afternoon tea. We make many of our dishes from scratch and all our cakes and scones are HOMEMADE ON THE PREMISES
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Made very welcome here, had a planned walk with our ladies walking group at Castle Donington and the Tearooms was perfect location for our lunch. Highly recommend, food very well served, good service even though they were very busy.

1  Thank Patricia G
Katieinitaly, Owner at Tylers Tearooms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

So glad my girls looked after you whilst I was away. I am so lucky to have such amazing staff. Thank you so much for your lovely review. We hope to see you all again soon ❤️❤️

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Unfortunately our visit was very disappointing and off putting due to the very dirty state and lack of cleanliness of the cafe and I feel I need to highlight the issues so good cleaning practice can be put in place and maintained ! Kate please check all the points I am about to make .
The blue and lilac painted chairs were exstreamly dirty from people constantly touching and moving them in and out from the tables over long periods of time !! dirt visible

The front door on the paint work around the door handle again dirt visible

The wipe clean table cloths obviously wiped on top but round the overhang food sticking to it and dribbles of `stuff ‘ table cloths very grubby looking !!

My biggest concern was the uncovered sausage rolls on the front counter were there is a table directly beneath and in front of it, there was a man sat at it his head less than 2’ Away from it breathing on the food ( errrr the thought of it if he coughs)

I ordered pie of the day it came in a desert bowl !! With a small thin disc of puff Pastry floating in the middle of it looking very lost and off putting in apearence. I have to say the stew was tasty with potatoes and carrots in it though it was advertised as steak and ale!

A real shame as I had read the reviews and was truly looking forward to my visit but was totally disappointed with the low level and unacceptable standard of hygiene in the tea rooms , please Kate and team a good scrub and spring clean is needed

Lynne

1  Thank thorpelynne
Katieinitaly, Owner at Tylers Tearooms, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Firstly, and my only apology is that I apologise for not responding sooner, I have been on a well needed holiday and thankfully I switched all my social media off during it, so I could properly relax. I work so hard in my little tearooms because I have such a passion for what I do.

I actually wasn’t going to respond to your review as you are wrong. But as you didn’t bring this up whilst you were here, and you felt you needed to post this all over the public domain, I feel I really need to defend my tearooms.

My chairs are NOT dirty, the wrong paint was used for them when we were refurbing and they have marks on them from shoes and clothes that can not be removed, no matter how much scrubbing we do, and trust me we have done much scrubbing.

We are currently having all new chairs painted and will be completely replacing the old ones in the next month as soon as they are ready.

But you would have known this had you have spoken to me or my staff on the day you visited.

As for your other comments, again it is NOT dirt, it’s all wear and tear and in 2 weeks time the entire tearooms is being painted and decorated and the table cloths are being removed completely.

I would’ve been very excited to tell you all our future plans had you have brought it up during your visit.

We actually have a 5 star hygiene rating and are very proud of that.

I’m not going to respond any further except to say this, if you visit a small independent business like ours again, and you can see how hard the staff and the owner works and how passionate they are about what they do, but there is something you are not quite happy about, PLEASE PLEASE speak to them during your visit, you’ll be amazed how thankful they are that you did and how keen they are to rectify whatever issue you may of had immediately. Posting mean reviews all over the public domain is neither helpful or constructive.

So champion us! Support us and enjoy us. Write excellent reviews about us, tell your friend wonderful things about us and before writing a scathing review, know that behind every small business, there is a small business owner with a family to support, who is hard working and passionate about what they do.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Late afternoon nip in for coffee and cake, wow! Great selection of cakes and a hearty menu too. Lovely, lovely, lovely staff.... what more do you need? Perfect.

Katieinitaly, Owner at Tylers Tearooms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

What an absolutely wonderful review. I am so lucky to have such amazing staff who always do their best and work so hard for me. Love my little tearooms and lovely customers like you make my day. Thank you

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This was a really lovely place to visit for afternoon tea with my Mum. We were amazed at how much food we were given, and it was very nice that we were allowed to take home what we couldn't eat. The bread for the sandwiches was amazing, and the highlight was definitely the delicious scones with cream and jam! All for a very reasonable price as well. Thanks so much!

1  Thank katieel31

Awww you are very welcome. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, it is much appreciated and a real boost to me and my staff. Our afternoon teas are epic! Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here, for brunch one day in January! Staff were friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was so tasty! All locally sourced products! Would definitely recommend!

Thank you for your lovely review. We always use local suppliers where possible. Our butcher happens to be the best in the area in our opinion, it’s what makes our breakfast. Don’t forget to pop in for cake, that’s even more local, as I make them all in the premises. See you soon