Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,889 results
All reviews lodore falls a lake view room outdoor pool fell view afternoon tea flat roof lake district lovely hotel scones course meal high standard main course lounge bar public areas wedding anniversary staff were excellent birthday treat
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2020

Thank you so much to all staff for making our Christmas perfect despite COVID! We were a family group and there was something here for everyone from the Spa, to a quiz to roasting marshmallows and singing carols! From the minute you arrive you are taken care of and you feel very safe. The hotel has gone out of their way to make sure guests and staff are safe. The events laid on for the festive stay were well planned and thought out. The food was truly delicious and there was so much of it! The whole team were always on hand to talk to and help your stay go smoothly. The hotel was very clean and COVID safe. We visited the Spa which was lovely. I would highly recommend staying here and can’t wait to return. Thank you so much and a Happy New Year to you all.

Date of stay: December 2020
Marcell Cilliers, Other at Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review and feedback after your Christmas package experience at Lodore Falls Hotel and Spa.

It was a real pleasure to welcome you and all our package guests over the festive period and I am delighted to read that the catering, facilities, Christmas program and Covid measure have met your expectation.

Hopefully we will welcome you back soon at Lodore Falls Hotel and Spa or any of our other remarkable hotels part of the Lake District Hotels profile.

Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

What a disappointment!! Booked for my birthday what a waste of money!! First room they took us to was like staff quarters!!I had a word with the concierge and they moved us to a much nicer room.. rest of hotel like an old people's home very old fashioned..spa part is lovely..but and this is a massive but!! 2 night stay and only 1 slot available to use the spa!! 6pm when it was dark and you couldn't take in the breathtaking views!! I was told to call when the spa opened at 8am and still 6pm was the only slot no vacancy for massages either.. so basically save your money lots of other nicer and cheaper hotels in the area!!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank L6711DIemmat

Dear Guest,

I understand that you are negatively fuelled by the experience but your statements are not fair or just on this establishment. I am not supporting statements that Lodore Falls Hotel and Spa even remotely resembles an old-fashioned establishment and comparing it to staff quarters or an old age home.

Statement like that is written in poor taste and makes me question why anyone will anonymously write something like this when there is an opportunity to meet with the on-site management team on the day or the day of departure. I am at Lodore Falls most days and always available by e-mail even if I am not on site. I understand that we live in a society where people find security behind a keyboard and voice a completely one-sided opinion which does not offer a fair platform for establishments to respond.

Regarding your Spa statements:

The Spa facility is included in our Spa room rates and price point is done accordingly. If guests choose to reserve a classic room which is price point accordingly, the Spa facility is not included.

Due to the current worldwide and UK wide situation, we are guided by external legislation about the allowed number of guests in the Spa at one time.

We therefore allocate 2 hours per person for the guests that wish to reserve the Spa facility.

Our Spa rooms will have the preference to the available time slots and all of our other guests are welcome to join us during the remaining available time slots.

I can only apologise that we could not accommodated you during a time slot of your preference.

Reviewed 27 December 2020

Hotel Staff DIDN’T Follow Their OWN COVID Policies!

We booked into Lodore Falls 5-7 October, we followed the COVID policies laid out by the hotel, we got to the room bearing in mind this is October and the balcony door is wide open making the room freezing. We enjoyed the view which did seem to change every 15 minutes! After 2 hours the room was still freezing, so I went to reception and asked them to look at it, they said they would (4:50pm).

We got ready for dinner and still no joy, so spoke with reception again and they said they would have someone look at it whilst we had dinner. Once we had dinner which was in the regular dining room (which was OK), we went back to a freezing room and found an oil fired radiator in front of the bedroom door! The staff should have had the foresight to at least put it in the room and get the room warm whilst we had dinner! So the room finally got warm around 9pm – not what I expect when I am paying 295GBP per night!

The bathroom was tired, with chipped tiles, old discoloured grouting and a filthy door that hadn’t been wiped down with a damp cloth in weeks! You could see where people had opened and closed the door…After a shower we descended to the restaurant for breakfast. With it being Covid we had a late breakfast 9:30 (not ideal). When we were seated the table hadn’t been set, missing cutlery, missing condiments etc. With every other table being empty these vacant tables were used to dump dirty/used plates, glasses and cups on – rather than removing them to the kitchen as it was near the end of breakfast.

The second dinner was in the Pan Asian restaurant and it was perfection. Food, wine and service was exceptional.

Breakfast the following morning, the same haphazard experience as the previous morning, with tables used as dumping grounds around guests, table not set even though the hotel staff knew you had a time slot.

On checking out the hotels COVID guide said sign the form and the hand it back in the clear wallet to the receptionist and the payment would be done later - no staff interaction. However I handed the wallet to a lady called Monika who demanded my card; I was shocked as this was against the COVID policy of the hotel! But she was adamant with her rude, abrupt manner so I paid using my debit card. Monika never sanitized her hands when she entered reception, never sanitized the merchant terminal nor my card.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank GrahamGallagher
Marcell Cilliers, Other at Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2020

Mr Gallagher,

thank you for your review and feedback.

Apology for the heating issue that you have shared with us. We are quite fortunate to have a very effective Bio-mass plant and very seldom do we experience heating issues but appreciate that it is disappointing when it happens. Apology once again about the inconvenience.

Unfortunately I am not able to support your observation and feedback on all the points raised and I find it contradicting to the guest reports and reviews to date.

Monika along with the reception team follow Covid prevention advise to the best of their ability.
Sanitizer is available at the reception desk, in the back office where they work and operate from and sanitizer and prevention methods are in place around the hotel for guest as well as staff safety.

We will under no circumstances seat any of our guests at a breakfast table that is not set and ready. Potentially individual pieces could have been missed in an overview but certainly not something that the Duty manager or restaurant manager would have allowed. Apology if you feel that the standard for that service did not meet your expectation.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed the Mizu experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you next year once you are able to reschedule your planned visit.

Marcell

Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

The real treasure at this Hotel is the staff. We are minutes away from checking out after spending 4 truly magical days here over the Christmas period. A family of four, with two young children - the only young children at the hotel over Christmas. But, all the guests and staff were very accommodating toward both girls - a special mention to Kristian, who captured all of our hearts. The food was stunning and every aspect of our stay was well thought out and executed perfectly. The spa is beautiful and peaceful, just what I needed after a long dreary year. We will definitely be back in the new year

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

thank you for your very positive feedback and review after you recent visit to Lodore Falls Hotel and Spa.

You, your husband and the 2 lovely girls were a true delight welcoming here over the festive package and thank you for joining us during this very special time of year.

The girls were great sport in the treasure hunt and deserved the 1st price without any hesitation.

I will certainly share your observation with Kristian and the team and we are looking forward to welcoming you at Lodore Falls Hotel and Spa in the near future or any of our other remarkable hotels part of the Lake District Hotels profile.

Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Called in last Saturday after seeing the Festive lunch menu advertised on Facebook. Whilst we didn’t want the full Christmas dinner we were tempted by the selection of festive sandwiches available. We both had sandwiches, served with a lovely salad and coleslaw. We added the fries for only £1 and the soup, which was delicious for only £2. We had mince pies and clotted cream for dessert and the Christmas mulled wine was lovely. We received excellent service and felt very safe as everyone adhered to COVID regulations.
The hotel was decorated beautifully for the festive season and the Gingerbread house display was amazing!!!
Will return soon with an overnight stay and a visit to The Spa.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and feedback, it is much appreciated.

I will certainly share your observation and comments with the relevant departments.
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit to Lodore Falls during this remarkable time of year.

Trish is the very gifted team member that is doing our Christmas decorations for all the hotels in the group and I will share your observation with her.

We hope to welcome you soon again at Lodore Falls Hotel and Spa or any of our other remarkable hotels part of the Lake District Hotels profile.