“Fabulous day”
Review of Crewe Hall Spa

Crewe Hall Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Spas & Wellness in Crewe
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a relaxing spa break, spa day or spa treatment in Cheshire, the team at Crewe Hall is skilled in the art of relaxation. From a soothing facial to the gentle easing of muscles with an all over body massage, the tranquillity and calm encapsulated in our spa will ensure your body and mind are transported to a state of total well being. Our spa, which is home to a fabulous health club, 6 spa treatment rooms, spa lounge, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, is open seven days a week & until 8pm on Wednesdays - Fridays!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I recently won a competition for two people for a spa day at a Q hotel and picked Crewe Hall. On arrival myself and my friend were greeted by very friendly staff and nothing was to much trouble. After getting our robe and slippers we had full use of all amenities including pool, gym, sauna. We had lunch in at the brasserie where staff were very attentive and friendly and the food was a selection of hot and cold food which was excellent. After lunch we spent another hour by the pool before going for our treatments. My spa therapist was a lovely lady called Bobby. Such a lovely friendly lady and once again nothing was to much trouble. My whole experience of today was 10 out of 10 and a big thankyou to all the hard working staff at Crewe Hall for a wonderful memorable day I shall definetly be returning.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"pool side"
"lovely lunch"
in 3 reviews
"included in the package"
"fantastic value"
"buffet lunch"
"course meal"
"full english"
"luxury feel"
"relaxing weekend"
in 2 reviews
"staff were really friendly"
"sized pool"
"brassiere"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A friend and I visited Crewe Hall today on a Travel Zoo spa day deal which was great value. The spa area was lovely and the relaxation room perfect. My neck, back and shoulder massage and intensive foot treatments with Caroline were so relaxing and enjoyable , she was fab and so helpful with extra beauty advice! All the staff we met were very welcoming but special mention for Ellie Breeze in the brassiere who was a delight! Professional and friendly and intent on making sure we had the best service and a lovely afternoon. A great day and we’re looking forward to the next one already. Thank you Crewe Hall!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having booked a package spa day, I arrived at 10.30am to wait for the rest of my group. The information was given out with the arrival form, but I was disappointed to note you had to pay for tea and coffee in the waiting room. For a £117 package, this seemed rather cheap on Crewe Halls behalf. The changing rooms were clean if utilitarian and the lockers were a nightmare with the first one not locking, the second not unlocking and the third refusing to re-set. Thankfully reception staff were helpful.

The actual spa area is utilitarian in aesthetics and just wasn’t in the same league as Alton Towers. They do not have the space, the customer focus or the number of spa options; you are limited to a basic pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna with a handful of loungers and an ice machine and shower. There were not enough loungers for our group of eight, nor were they hugely comfortable. The jacuzzi is small and not that powerful and the whole thing could be far less spartan and utilitarian in aesthetics with more options and more of a focus on the customer experience.

It is also worth noting that Crewe Hall do run children’s swimming lessons on week days and have children swimming daily in the main spa pool... in spa hours. We didn’t get caught by this but if you’re going on a week day it’s worth re-considering. I can’t think of anything less relaxing than a score of children splashing about in the pool as you try to de-stress. This smacks of seriously poor planning and a focus on commercialisation rather than the customer journey.

I did enjoy my hour treatment, although it was closer to 45 minutes than a full hour. The exfoliation and back mask left my skin smooth and I really enjoyed the leg massage. Those who had two thirty minute treatments however found it rushed and as though the masseuse was rushing through to get to the end as quickly as possible.

All in all, I think if a teacher were marking this, it would be a C+, ‘Could do better’. If Crewe Hall are charging similar rates to Alton Towers, the experience should be equal and it simply wasn’t. If you’re looking for a spa day to relax, revitalise and pamper yourself... do yourself a favour and go to Alton Towers.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Booked to stay at Crewe Hall Spa with 8 friends. Beautiful hotel but that’s where it stops. The spa was limited, small and too busy. The jacuzzi was cold. The meal we ordered got sent back over and over and we would not be coming back again.

3  Thank AmandaRose73