“Fantastic easter sunday”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We came on easter Sunday with the family as a table of 6 and everything was fantastic. There was something on the menu for everyone and they even have a vegan menu as well which one of our party ordered off. The rest of us opted for Sunday roasts which were delicious and a great size!! Couldn't fault the service - the place was really busy but we were greeted with a smile and taken to our table straight away. The young girl serving us was fantastic and so attentive. All the family agreed the Merlin is a fantastic family friendly restaurant and great parking facilities. Can't wait to go back!

General Manager A, Manager at Merlin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Ellasimmonds969, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at The Merlin. I will ensure all your lovely comments are passed on to all the team. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Leighanna and the team

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Merlin was booked as a surprise from my family for my 40th birthday. Our table was perfect and gave me a great little space to keep my son in his pushchair safely out of the way of other diners. The lady serving us (I should have asked her name) was really friendly, attentive and even presented me with a bottle of Prosecco to celebrate my birthday. I didn’t think anywhere did anything so generous these days!

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals and agreed that The Merlin had a lovely atmosphere, was very child friendly and is a great place for a family get together. Lots of parking available on-site, it was easy to find and the dining area isn’t crammed full of tables as so many other places are.

Mixed reviews on here but I couldn’t fault it.

1  Thank Kellyapp78
General Manager A, Manager at Merlin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Kellyapp78, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. I am so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed celebrating your birthday with us at the Merlin. I will ensure your lovely comments are passed on to your waitress, Emma!. Thanks again for the recommendation, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel which is conveniently situated for Alderley Edge. My room was refurbished, clean with plenty of room and I had a good nights sleep and opted for the English breakfast which i enjoyed. The hotel has parking or a quick taxi ride from the train station.
My family joined me for evening dinner, which was very enjoyable in the gasro pub restaurant and the waitress with long auburn hair was exceptional as we had a new born baby with us and she ensured we got our meal quickly.

General Manager A, Manager at Merlin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Alec S, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Leighanna and the team

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Booked a table online about an hour before, very easy to do.

arrived and seated immediately. Order taken for drinks and then shorty after order taken for food. Food arrived very quickly, Sunday Roast perfect and Wholefood salad with lamb koftas very very good.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back. Food and service amazing!

General Manager A, Manager at Merlin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dennydenny_52, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Merlin! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our amazing Sunday roasts. We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We called on spec for lunch. Despite the pub being quiet it still took over 30 mins for our order to arrive. We only ordered two burgers and they got that wrong. The food was plain and had very little taste. The sweet potato fries tasted really bland. The only plus side is that they are dog friendly in the bar area. There is a covered seating area outside.

1  Thank Nigel H
General Manager A, Manager at Merlin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi Nigel H, we regret your most recent visit with us was not up to the standards we strive for. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience on this occasion. Please reach out to us at 01625 599959 at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to resolve this with you.

Leighanna and the Merlin team