“Mrs Thomas”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Have been several times to the Boot and slipper but on this occasion we were very disappointed we ordered two mushrooms and ale pies and other meals the pies were so solid I had to saw it with my knife to cut it had no taste at all and only two pieces of mushrooms in it with both pies the same I did say to the waiter about it all he said he would pass it on for the price that we paid it was not worth it at all we will not be going back there again soo soo disappointed

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Boot & Slipper, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Hi 186shirleyt, your feedback is extremely disappointing, and I'd really like to speak to you to discuss it further. Please can you get in touch when you have a spare moment location-email If you are willing to give us another chance, please get in touch at location-email to speak to our manager directly.

Write a reviewReviews (610)

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

The staff were so rude here we had to leave! I have never experienced such rude and unprofessional service ever! Go there if you want to be spoken to like dirt!

Date of visit: May 2021

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 26 May 2021

Danni, Tom and Pippa

I have to mention their names first because I have so much to thank them for.
The food, The service and the Care and Attention given especially to my mum, who has declined enormously over the last year was absolutely amazing.
My mum was very worried about going as she just cant eat much
A call ahead and mum had a prawn and avocado starter, which now takes her ages to eat so she skipped the main and had ice-cream when she had finished
we all ended up finishing together
I cant thank these guys enough
Mum is willing to go there again
Which makes us all my dad especially very happy
Recommend highly
Especially if you want that extra care and attention
You are not just a table number here

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Boot & Slipper, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2021

Hi Alisonb2071, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Boot and Slipper. we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience. If you ever need anything else from the team, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

Reviewed 21 May 2021

A friend booked a table on Monday for 5 of us to meet up, have a chat and a couple of drinks. A great evening was had by all of us. Kelvin and his trusty team welcomed us and explained the procedure in order to keep us, other customers and the staff safe during these difficult times. A wonderful evening was had by all of us and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Boot & Slipper to anyone! Keep up the good work.

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, General Manager at Boot & Slipper, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2021

Hi 809russb, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Boot and Slipper. We look forward to your next visit, see you soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

It was my local before and it is my local now. It’s safe to say that the Boot and Slipper Amersham has not changed a bit since the catastrophies of Covid-19. The service is just as friendly and prompt, and the quality of both food and beverages is still excellent as always. While the choice of pub is a task in itself currently, I would highly recommend this warm and welcoming venue just as I always have. Kelvin, Danni, Luke, Jess, Pippa, Harry and Quinn will always be there at your disposal to handle your every need. Incredible staff and a fantastic experience with every visit, you won’t regret it!

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Boot & Slipper, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2021

Lovely to read your comments about your experience, I'll make sure to pass them on to the rest of the team. If you ever need anything else from the team, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!