“Gluton Free? ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I was very disappointed by the lack of gluten free food. There were no deserts that I could eat and the mains offered was meat plus a leaf salad.
As for my guests. The meals were of a good quality but service was very slow and the food was only warm.
The staff were friendly and pleasant.

chessboard148, General Manager at Chequers (Hungry Horse), responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi David

Im sorry to here about your visit with us wasn't to your expectation

We do have a separate No Gluten Containing Menu on site and on our website at www.HungryHorse.co.uk just serch on the menu section for "None Gluten Containing Menu" and it will bring all the items from the menu that are "Gluten Free"

If there is anything that you would like to suggest that I can go back to the menu Team and see if we can have added on to the menu please say and i will try and see if we can accommodate

If there is any thing else you would like to discuss please Email me on 7674@greeneking.co.uk and i will try and help

Chris

Reviewed 20 March 2018

ok, but not amazing. waiters do their best but food often a let down, or theyve run out. shame really, it could be so much better, weve stopped going there now.

chessboard148, General Manager at Chequers (Hungry Horse), responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi Tracy Im sorry to here this if there is anything I can do to help improve your experience with us or if you would like to talk further please contact me by email on 7674@greeneking.co.uk

Chris

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The family and I popped into this pub last night with a couple of friends. I honestly cannot believe what occurred! First up we went to the not very busy bar and it took over 35 minutes to be served. When we were served we were by a miserable manager who clearly didn’t want to be there and did not apologise for the wait. Anyhow drink in hand we took a seat. As we sat down there was lots of shouting and clearly a disagreement had occurred between a couple of customers but the staff just watched and did nothing about it. Anyhow it was time for a second drink and again another 30 or so minute weight. Between the third and fourth drink I had had enough of this place but my family wouldn’t allow it to ruin our day. We then got another drink which this time took over 45 minutes. It must be said it was not busy. I at this point asked if they were short staffed to which the manager snapped no we have run out of glasses. A pub that runs out of glasses?? Funny how all the locals seemed to have a drink in there hand the whole time but we had to wait a ridiculous amount of time. The drinks came out on hot glasses completely half filled and when questioned the manager responded I did tell you there is a long wait! On one occasion at the bar we were given vodka and coke in a pint glass, yes in a pint glass! Which was clearly not vodka when questioned with the barmaid she said it was, my friend asked for it to be changed and the manager got the bottle and shouted at my friend so that she could see she was pouring vodka- completely unnecessary.
This place has to be the most awful, disgusting, dirty, under managed pub that is clearly dominated by unruly locals.

A complaint will be going to head office because this place should be shut down!

chessboard148, General Manager at Chequers (Hungry Horse), responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

I am sorry to hear about your visit and keen to discuss further with you if you could email me your contact details on 7674@greeneking.co.uk

Regards

Chris Provis

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

went to the chequers for a drink and a meal it was not very busy when we asked to book a meal they said it would be an hour so we left

Reviewed 31 December 2017

This was the first time we have had a meal here and thought we’d give it ago as it’s just had a refit, there were 9 of us (5 adults 4 kids) we didn’t have to wait to be served or get our food, the service was good and the staff pleasant, the food was also very good , the only problem I had was the tables were clean but very sticky. Would I recommend eating here ? YES ...

Thank you for your feedback I will pass this alone to the team

Chris Provis