“Fun Place to View Punta Vita”

Los Agaves Restaurante & Tequila Bar
Ranked #19 of 61 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Description: Mexican restaurant with a beautiful rooftop dining and romántic atmosphere upstairs and sports bar with tequila & mezcal flights as well as delicious cocteles and internacional spirits downstairs.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Make reservations to sit upstairs and get ready for a great selection of Tequila. The food and service are both quite good. The place was quite busy and I would suggest reservations.

Juan Andres G, Propietario at Los Agaves Restaurante & Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with we are truly happy you had a good experience with us and we will keep working hard to keep giving that service every time from all the staff at Los agaves we hope to see you soon thank you.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t dismiss this place just because it is not located on the beach front. We came here on our last night in Mexico and we were sad we didn’t try this place earlier in the visit—we definitely would’ve dined here more than once!! The food and drinks are delicious. We had guacamole, popcorn shrimp (which is amazing—marinated and grilled, offered with a pineapple sauce that I would’ve bathed in), chicken quesadillas for the kids, the Cajun shrimp (special), enmoletas (not sure about spelling but was enchiladas with mole sauce), and of course the churros (better than the ones they served at the Four Seasons!). It was the best meal we had during the 7 days we ate in Punta Mita. The cocktails were also perfect—cucumber and pepper margarita for the adults and fresh squeezed juice (pineapple and OJ) for the non-drinkers. The kids also enjoyed helping the waiter make the molcajete salsa, which was also very special and flavorful!! They even had entertainment: ask for a seat upstairs and watch all the drunk gringos catch some air as they run over the speed bump in their golf carts way too fast

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this comment we apréciate all the details you mentioned and on behalf of all the staff here at Los Agaves we will keep working every day to become better and make your next visit with us an excellent experience, thanks again and we really hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Los Agaves, thank goodness met! We have been coming to Punta de Mita for 8 years and this was our first time at Los Agaves as they just opened this past December. Well, the food and service were absolutely outstanding! I cannot say enough about how lovely the staff was; attentive but not cloying. The food was phenomenal - some of the best we have ever had! The pineapple sauce that came with the shrimp appetizer was so good that I asked for more of it with my entree. They happily obliged! I literally could have bottled the sauce. Seriously, if the chef would be willing to send me the recipe?! Please?! My daughter's chiles rellenos was delicious, my husband's fajitias were fresh and tasty, and the chile rubbed prawns my son and I split were incredible. And the churros with caramel were divine! Worth every bite!! And the margaritas?! Just, wow. Everything was perfect! I cannot say enough about Los Agaves - we will most definitely be coming back and if you are headed to the area - DO NOT MISS IT!!! Gracias, Los Agaves!

Juan Andres G, Propietario at Los Agaves Restaurante & Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience here with us, we will keep working hard to give you that same experience always, the chef will gladly share her recipe so you can make it at home, just contact us at losagaves17@gmail.com talk to you soon and on behalf of all the staff thank you.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Newest restaurant in PUNTA MITA!! Worth the trip!! Able to handle all food requests. Close to all the hotels!!!

Juan Andres G, Propietario at Los Agaves Restaurante & Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, we are really happy you loved the restaurant and we will keep working hard to give you that experience always. Thank you

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

If I could, I’d give this place 3.75/5. I personally like to reserve 4 & 5 stars for places that really step-it-up in some way. I found Los Agaves was a tiny bit over-priced, but of course much of Punta de Mita is. We’ve been travelling around the region so we’ve got a good idea of the varying degrees of quality & price you can find in coastal Nayarit & Jalisco.

That said, the food isn’t bad, the service was very good, and the restaurant well designed and clean. It looks like they had a good selection of Tequilas & Mezcal in the bar downstairs.

Juan Andres G, Propietario at Los Agaves Restaurante & Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this comment on behalf of all the staff we are very happy you had a good experience with us, we hope we see you soon and we will keep working hard to become better. Thank you