“Good for a sunny day”

Cookie Crumble Cafe
Ranked #11 of 20 Dessert in Vaughan
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We went early on a Sunday morning. It was a beautiful sunny morning which is good given we were 7 and there is limited seating inside. The staff are all very friendly and service is pretty good. One omelette was too runny for the person who got it and the server wished it away to the kitchen no questions asked. She then brought a free scone to eat while waiting for the omelette. That was really nice.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

After a lovely morning at the McMichael Gallery (a true Canadian gem), my sister, daughter and I decided to stroll around Kleinburg and grab a bite to eat.

Although the servers were pleasant enough, they seemed totally disorganized and forgot they even seated us. After about 10 minutes of waiting for someone to take our order, we flagged a lady down and beckoned her to our table.

We had to ask her to wipe it down and remove glasses and the water bottle from the prior guests. I'll spare many of the details but here's the scoop:

Indklein Salad - quinoa was a ball of mush, chicken was dry and gristly, dressing was scantily applied and could hardly taste it, avocado slices couldn't even be cut smaller with my knife to make into bite-sized pieces (aka hard as rocks!) and also had lovely pith skin attached and had to peel it off! Both my sister and I ordered this and regretted each bite - I left my bowl almost untouched (chick peas and roasted almonds were the only saving grace in the salad).

Caesar Salad: Croutons were good - that's about it...contained some unidentifiable weed or herb when it arrived at the table. Very underwhelming - also about 2/3 of the bowl left behind by my daughter.

Service: For a relatively small establishment - perhaps 12 tables and many were tables for 2 - 3 waiting staff couldn't get organized and serve or be attentive to the guests. When I asked for the bill and the lady brought it over with the debit machine, there was NO verbal communication, no 'how was your meal?', no observation that our meals were mostly untouched (and my hacked-up avocado was on a napkin on the table looking pretty sad). And no 'Thank you'.

End of the story: Tiny tip was left and we will never go back. Next time we'll make a reservation at the Doctor's House!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I wandered into this place after going to the McMichael Gallery. What a gem. Nice outdoor seating. Really enjoyed the soup (pasta fajoli) and sandwich combo. Usually 1/2 soup and 1/2 sandwich- not here! Both full size.
We enjoyed our lunch. Plan to return next time we are in Kleinburg.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We had actually planned to enjoy the all day breakfast,but apparently the chef had gone home for the day at 1:00
Service was friendly but a little slow...

We ended up ordering the quiche and were quite pleased that it was homemade and yummy..

I don't believe there is any indoor seating ,but the patio was lovely....

Would certainly return for the quiche...

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Nice little place. Not great if u are angry. Little portions for the price
Coffee was cold the server's are nice but the service is extremely slow.
If u want to just hang on the patio and have a cookie it's alright.
FYI. Decaf and lactate milk is extra when ordering lattes.