“Family and Friends Luncheon”
Review of Via Mercanti North

Via Mercanti North
Ranked #65 of 901 Restaurants in Vaughan
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Some Family and Friends gathered together Saturday for lunch in celebration of life. I was invited to this pizza restaurant and had no idea of what they had ordered for food.
As we were seated, we were served some warm focaccia drizzled with oil. Soon after a tray of cheese, prosciutto and vegetables were served. Then we had Pizza. One with Tomato and mozzarella. Another with soppressata, and still another. The pizza was homemade and thin and melted in your mouth. Delicious. I was stuffed and ready to leave when gnocchi arrived in a tomato sauce. It was homemade and good and I had no trouble cleaning up the plate. Then steak and rapini followed. Everything was great. We were close to 50 people and everyone was served quickly. I will definitely come back again. I really enjoyed the food and service.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Via Mercanti North has amazing pizza, arancini and dessert - Nutella pizza!
The service was excellent. We'll be back.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Traditional Italian food was fantastic! Perfect size portions and in a location that was easy to get to, but that wasn't insanely busy. Fast service as well which was a plus!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Not the greatest ambiance, but the food more than made up for that. Excellent pizza and pasta offerings. The stuffed crust pizza was amazing. Tagliatelli were good and so was the calamari and res snapper. The quality ans flovour is superb. Service was ok. One man band on Saturdays. I would go back.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Via Mercanti North in Vaughan, Ontario (an suburb of Toronto), is a very nice, authentic Italian restaurant. It is nestled at the end of a "Strip mall" complex of a business park, but do not its location deter you; once inside, the decor is comfortable and lovely.

The quality of the food is very good; it is delicious with ample flavours to put a smile on your face, and contentment in your heart. I am an aficionado of calamari -- an Achilles Heel of mine if I see in on a restaurant menu -- and the calamari at Via Mercanti North proffers great taste; crispy and flavourful.

I ordered the ravioli, which was cooked and prepared nicely; its taste was great. I solely wished the serving size was larger so that I could enjoy the ravioli more and elongate its flavour experience; but this is just my selfish wish! My party of five ordered the assorted styles of individual pizzas available at Via Mercanti North, and each person loved their pizza. The pizzas were each cooked to lovely flavour and texture. Not a single crumb was left on the plate if that is of any indication for you of how the pizza was enjoyed!

Being Italian, the meal was topped off with espressos and cappuccinos by members of our party, and the flagrant aromas of the coffee was a nice way to sign off the dinner.

Via Mercanti North will be a nice place to have your dinner date for a couple both in their courting stage, and a nice place for couples in marriage wanting to celebrate a personal event in their lives. Salute!