All reviewsoutdoor poolhot tubfree breakfastcanadian tirevery pleasant staybusiness tripwe've stayedfront desk staffcomfortable bedsyogurtfridge and microwaveplace to stayhard boiled eggsmake your own wafflesroom was spotlessexcellent staylong weekend
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Went to Port Elgin for a night to get away from the city recently. We stay at the Super 8 because of the pool and hot tub as its so relaxing. On arrival I mentioned to the woman checking us in something like " I cant wait to swim"! She then said "Oh, you and your husband are swimmers?' I said " yes, cant wait"! She then informed me that the pool heater was broken from the night or 2 before and the water might be 73? I said that no one had mentioned that when I booked the room last night. ( would have been nice to know and would have come the following weekend). I asked if their was a discount as that's 99.9% why we stay there. She hummed and hawed but no reply really. When we went to the hot tub and man in his early 70s came in and dove into the pool! He screamed because it was like ice. I was worried he would have a heart attack and I asked him if anyone told him about the heater and he said NO! I guess no one was going to be told unless you asked. (not fair). The rooms are clean and big. Our tv clunked out during a movie at which point we had to ask someone to come look at it. 25 min later he went and got another cable box. Now the movie is a dud because we missed so much. Sigh. The breakfast is good for continental ( bacon, prefab eggs, cereal, muffins and a cool waffle maker) etc....Coffee could be stronger but that's just nit picking. The hot tub is great! ( we did notice black algae on the stairs in the pool and a faint ring of dirt around the perimeter. Not that it matters because we didn't get in. I would go back but next time I call I will be asking if pool works.

Room Tip: ask for a room with pool view instead of parking lot
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Trevor R, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Port Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

kevinisaham,
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback from your recent stay. I apologize that we were experiencing compressor issues during your visit. During your stay our pool temperature was 76 degrees which is slightly cooler than our normal 83-85 degrees which you have experienced in the past. We understand that the temperature was cooler than usual but more still warmer than you would find in many hotels on any given day. We are happy to report that everything has been fixed and the temperature is back to normal. We do our best to offer you the most consistent experience possible. Please email me directly and I'll make sure we provide you with a complimentary upgrade on your next visit.
We hope to see you again real soon.
Yours in Hospitality,
Trevor Raynsford,

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Clean rooms. Full, hot breakfast. Personable staff. Pool area was also top notch, however the pool heater had been broken for a few days when we arrived for our stay, so the pool was cool. The kids enjoyed it for a short time. Too cold for this adult. One of the best Super 8's we've stayed in, and we've always had positive stays at Super 8.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Trevor R, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Port Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

LAASM123456789,
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback from your recent stay. I do apologize that we were experiencing issues with the compressor that heats our pool. We normally keep our pool around 84 degrees and during your stay it was 76 degrees. Still fairly warn, but not our usual temperature. I'm happy to report that as I type this response to you, our replacement compressor is being installed. We hope you and the kids have a chance to come and stay with us again real soon.
Yours in Hospitality,
Trevor Raynsford,

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Reviewed 28 March 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Trevor R, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Port Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Trevor R, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Port Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018