“A Bit of A Wait...”
Review of The Pickle Barrel

The Pickle Barrel
Ranked #156 of 217 Restaurants in Pickering
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Since the restaurant only opened in March, our group of 6 could understand the growing pains. Waited 45 minutes before waitress came to our table for our drink orders. Food was so so, and perhaps try again in a few months. Hopefully it will improve as atmosphere and location could make this a fine establishment.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The place is wide open you feel like your eating in a cafeteria or a food court. Service was not great but this may be do to it being new and working out the quirks. Food was ok not great by any means. We have been to other locations and they have a much better design, more cozy and relaxed.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I used to eat at the original PB and was turned off for so long when the menu changed and portions got smaller...
not here...
HUGE menu variety for all tasted and even my 2 1/2 year old loved it

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for lunch on a Sunday. There were 5 of us, we were seated in a booth that seats 4. It took an exceptionally long time to get our food. I ordered eggs Benedict- it was literally room temperature, the eggs were undercooked and the latkas were cold. It was very busy in the restaurant, there was almost no parking and the service was only adequate. We had to ask for cutlery, after our food arrived. I do not think we will be returning. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Today I visited the new Pickle Barrel location in Pickering. I was very excited to try the new location. I was quickly seated in the lounge, which was quite empty. A server came to take my drink order, and said mysteriously, “I should be able to get that in a minute or two.” And then disappeared. After 20 minutes she hadn’t returned and they weren’t making my drink at the bar. I left.