“Excellent appetizers”

Southcote 53 Tap & Grill
Ranked #22 of 66 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A pub menu with flair best describes the food selection at Southcote 53, and it won’t take you long to see what this means. "We are dedicated to provide our customers with tasteful experiences - including great food with unique menu items," is Unique Restaurant Group's philosophy. A promise that is clearly upheld and quite apparent in its assortment of entrées. Every kind of pallet is recognized and catered to. Fantastic food, pleasant service. Live entertainment dates and the ability to host large functions - Southcote 53 has a lot to offer its new community
Reviewed 23 August 2017

It was our first experience ordering from this restaurant.
We had a meal of just appetizers and it was very good, good portions and great value.
Coconut shrimp, Korean beef ribs, lobster dip and Caesar salad.
Great selections on the menu.
The delivery service was right on time and hot.
Recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We had read the reviews on the restaurant and decided to try it. Decided against the early bird Friday fish and chips and went around 6pm. My husband had the caesar salad which was not very good - very slight sprinkling of cheese, a dusting of bacon bits and a bit of wilty lettuce. He followed with a beefburger which was not at all good. No flavour, no toppings and the fries were overcooked and tasteless. I had the turkey burger which came with some kind of dressing on top and a couple of slices of tomatoe and wilted lettuce. The burger and the dressing tasted of absolutely nothing. When I bit into the turkey burger, steam came out. I have never had that with a grilled burger - did this come out of the microwave??? I paid an extra $3 for the spinach salad with cheese and pear. The pear was OK - the cheese tasteless and the bacon bits were little squares of something brown and crunchy - out of a bottle??? The beer we had was fine. Everything else was expensive and tasteless. On a Friday night, I would have expected the place to be busy (especially considering they have the early bird special) but it was almost empty. I assume other than us thought the food poor.
We did tell the waitress our opinion of the meal and she shrugged and just said but we had eaten it after all.

3  Thank June L
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We were out for a drive and pack this restaurant and thought we'd stop in and check it out the food was really good so was the service other than the 4 gentleman sitting there and 1 of them swearing almost every other word don't get me wrong lots of people swear just not so loud and when there's other people eating . I will not let 1 experience make up my mind for me the food was so good it's well worth going back a second time it was a nice day out. Will definitely come back

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is our go-to-place for Friday fish and chips. If you come before 5pm you get the price special of $9.00. The portions are generous and well-cooked, not greasy. They have a good kids menu and we like to bring our young grandkids with us. They love the free cotton candy at the end of the meal. It's a very comfortable restaurant to bring children and the service is good and quick. That is important for seniors and kids. The menu selection is varied and we have also enjoyed a nice lunch here with friends, good salads and sandwiches.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Been recently after golf.
The food was great, this time I had the wings. Large group and everyone I know was happy.

Been with my wife and kids other times and large family reunions multitude of times and were always satisfied. One guy, one of the owners/ manager always keeping an eye on things.

Breakfast buffet is nice, nothing fancy. Priced right.
Burgers, wings, ribs, nachos, wraps, tried them all and never been disappointed.

Staff well attentive.

Keep doing what you're doing!!

1  Thank Ed G