“Much Better!!”

Southcote 53 Tap & Grill
Ranked #22 of 68 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A pub menu with flair best describes the food selection at Southcote 53, and it won’t take you long to see what this means. "We are dedicated to provide our customers with tasteful experiences - including great food with unique menu items," is Unique Restaurant Group's philosophy. A promise that is clearly upheld and quite apparent in its assortment of entrées. Every kind of pallet is recognized and catered to. Fantastic food, pleasant service. Live entertainment dates and the ability to host large functions - Southcote 53 has a lot to offer its new community
Reviewed 22 October 2015

I reviewed this restaurant back in December 2014 and did not give it a good review, however, this time was much better. We arrived about 4:00 p.m. after an afternoon at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. We sat at the bar and were promptly waited on. A few minutes later the owner came over and spoke with us which was very nice. There was a wedding to take place and when the service was over the guests from the Wedding came out to the bar. This amount of people did not stop the bartender to serve us more drinks and take an order for something to munch on. We had the deep fried wontons with nacho style toppings.....it was delicious. I would definitely order it again. Two of our guests had to leave and we paid for their drinks and stayed a while longer. When the bill came I paid it and it was reasonable, however, the owner came to us before we left and said for some reason the register miscalculated our bill. He explained what happened and gave us $30.00 cash back. We were about to leave when this happened and wouldn't have given it a second thought. I could not believe that the owner came to us about the error. Very good PR for the restaurant. I definitely will return for drinks, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

We needed a space that I could host a memorial for my grandma. I wanted something with a room, but apace enough so that we could still mingle around. Southcote 53 was just the place. The manager was amazing!! He worked with me and my budget. He was very attentive and great with working with me! All three managers checked on my party and also the waitress was fantastic!!!! There was a wedding going on the same weekend but this did not hinder the quality of service that we received!!! I would suggest southcote 53 for all your events and functions! Great food, great staff, amazing service and definitely a 10 out of 10 on my scale!!!

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

I've had dinner here twice and although prices are reasonable and service is good, the food is nothing special.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

I've only had the pleasure of going here once so far, but dying to go back. Went with a group a long while back. I wanted a really good, 'real meat' burger, but was afraid to try the bison burger. I asked about it and ended up ordering it, and it was great. You would never know the difference, at least in my humble opinion. I got the one with cheese and roasted peppers and it was very tasty. Fries were excellent. Two in our group had fish and chips which they enjoyed immensely, two others had chicken fingers - I believe they were 'homemade' with chicken breast, and the serving size was good, even the plum sauce was excellent (seemed to be 'homemade'). I can't remember now why one of our group left with 'candy floss', but that was a hit with him too. Two women at a table behind us were enjoying sweet potato fries. I couldn't help but comment that they looked delicious and the women agreed they WERE in fact delicious. When we got the bill, it seemed very reasonable for what had been purchased. It's somewhere around the corner of Hwy53 and Southcote Road, used to be Faloney's at one time.Definitely give it a try.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Stooped by last week to grab a quick lunch. Ordered the turkey club and thank goodness I did !! The sandwich was dekicious, fresh and huge portion - has a tasty snack for later on as well. Was my first time here, gorgeous inside with modern decors and comfy chairs, the service was great, polite and prompt . The food was fast but could tell the cooks didn't rush my meal out the door. Can't wait to go back for dinner she bring my girlfriends !