“Fast & friendly service, great coffee and food,”
Review of The Egg & I

The Egg & I
Ranked #10 of 66 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our breakfast menu offers locally farmed fresh grade A eggs, a variety of specialty omelettes or you can ask to create your own; the BEST eggs benedict, which is prepared to satisfy all tastes; freshly prepared hand cut grilled home fries seasoned to perfection, deep fried or plain; In-house made fresh ‘n fluffy buttermilk pancakes, Belgium waffles or Texas French toast all available with a variety of toppings for you to personalize Our Lunch menu features in house made 100% beef burgers; A Swiss mushroom burger topped with sauteed chopped fresh mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese; Homemade soups and an assortment of hot/cold Sandwiches try our famous Club house and roast beef melts cooked in house with fresh turkey and roast beef for anytime of the day. Come For Dinner and enjoy a variety of salads, fresh chicken, and in house made fish & chips with coleslaw. Recommended entrees: a 10oz New York Steak grilled the way you like and loaded with sauteed mushrooms; liver & onions; pasta, with or without meat sauce.
Reviewed 27 October 2016

The Egg & I is a mainstay in the Hamilton area. For a diner that has serviced a wide variety of clientele it has maintained it's quality & service. Food tastes like home cooking, the coffee is the best I have tasted and the term "Fast Food" takes on a whole new meaning here.
Prices are fair and the menu selections are varied. They serve breakfast all day and their lunch/dinner menu is offered after noon as well as the breakfast menu. You choose. With so many new eateries in Hamilton to choose from, make sure you keep them on your list.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of visiting the Egg and I on a business lunch with an associate from Toronto. We both had the toasted BLT and the portions were enormous. We ordered the fresh home fries that were perfectly seasoned and fresh cut fries cooked in sea salt we couldn't even finish.

Service was incredibly attentive and never let our coffee fall below half. The owners Patricia and Nikola checked in on our table and made us feel like family.

We will definitely be back and encourage anyone to visit this Ancaster gem.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

This review is based on a breakfast of coffee, bacon, and homefries. I like that they serve a huge thermos of coffee and leave it on the table, but the flavour is average and not very strong. I like that they serve 4 large pieces of bacon, but if you like it crispy you'll have to ask. The home fries are edible but not very tasty, and not crispy (which I prefer). Overall it was an average meal and I would try somewhere else in Ancaster the next time.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Stopped for a later breakfast and wanted to fill up because I wasn't going to eat again before dinner.

Sort of typical breakfast food with some English influence. Prices, when converted to American dollars, were relatively inexpensive. Service was fast and cheerful. Preparation was average but solid.

Certainly met my expectations for a quick and hearty breakfast with ample portions that I really couldn't finish.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

I meet friends for breakfast monthly. Food and service is consistently great. Portions are huge, food is hot and service is quick.